Thunder storms

Lucy was in her apartment with her windows closed, lights off, and doors locked. The lightning cracked outside loudly and the thunder boomed over her house as she tightly clenched her blanket to her, shaking in terror as noises outside got louder and louder

She tried covering her ears and blocking out the sound but it was no use. She felt completely vulnerable in this state and it didn't help that she was by herself without anyone to help her.

The thunder eventually got so loud that she had thrown the blanket Over her head and tried to hide in her closet. She shook as tears fell from her eyes as she tried to wait until the storm passed. Yes, Lucy had been afraid of thunder storms ever since she was a little girl. But since she was always alone and her father had neglected her, she had to face them on her own. She would sometimes have panic attacks if it got too bad.

She hugged her knees in tightly as she buried her head in the blanket, the closet doors locked but she could still see the flashing light coming through the crack in the doorway.

Little did she know, a certain someone was outside her window trying to get in, he was worried sick about her.

Natsu looked through Lucy's window, trying to find any signs of her. But he didn't see her. His eyes flooded with panic as he worried that something bad had happened to her. But he knew that her scent led to right here at her house so she still just be inside.

He heard a quiet scream that sounded like Lucy as he used his strength to break the lock on the window and get it open, he jumped down on her bed and started looking for her.

Lucy was in a state of panic as she sat, frozen in her closet as she heard the loud tapping of the rain on her ceiling.
She didn't notice Natsu calling out to her.

She clenched her arms and whimpered silently as a flash of lightning struck outside, fortunately Natsu had heard her and broke down the closet door, looking at her with wide eyes.

"Lucy?" He asked quietly. She stared at the floor in silence, still not being able to hear anything as she was in a state of shock. "Lucy! Snap out of it!" He yelled at her accidentally, worried about her he wanted her to escape her shocked state because he was scared for her and what she would do to herself. He saw the scratch marks on her arms from where she dug her nails into her skin.

Lucy had tears pouring from her eyes as she looked at him in fear, backing up into the corner of the closet with her hands up in defense afraid that he was gonna hurt her. Natsu's eyes softened as he immediately felt guilty for yelling at her while she was in this vulnerable state.

"L-Lucy.. I'm sorry" he reached out for her but she flinched once he touched her. Natsu has never felt so bad than he did right now. He had hurt Lucy and made her cry on the same day, and he couldn't forgive himself.

Lucy's eyes softened as she noticed the look of sadness on his face. Natsu picked her up gently and sat with her in his lap on her bed. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she trembled, finally feeling a loving, caring, embrace that she had never felt before. He kissed her forehead gently as she calmed down and eventually fell asleep.

"There.. I'm so sorry Lucy" he whispered in her ear as he wrapped his Arms around her. "It's okay Natsu, I forgive you" Lucy muttered in her sleep. Natsu smiled and secured her in his arms as he kissed her neck and fell asleep with her by his side.