A Love Story 2- Part 5

I gazed up at the night sky, glaring at the beaming stars that lightened the mood of the dark night. I sighed as I looked at the moon. It's full circular self glistened from the distance. I stared at the ring the little girl gave me earlier. I felt a warm, comforting kiss on my neck. It was Reece. I shrugged and lightly pushed him away from me. 'Please Reece, not now.' I sighed. 'Babe, are you ok? You've been acting weird lately.' He frowned. I closed my eyes and faked a smile as I turned around to face him. I slowly nodded my head, 'I'm fine. I just need some time to think. You should go to bed.' There was a moment of awkward silence but he listened to me and nodded his head. He walked over to our bed and laid down. As for me, I continued gazing at the ring. I threaded the ring along a gold plain necklace and carefully placed it around my neck. 'After all this years, you come back to me and I still feel the same way about you?' I whispered as I slowly kissed the ring. I felt warm flames of tears roll down my cheek. I sniffed as I wiped it off my face. 'Alice!' A voice shouted. 'Alice! Are you there?!' I shrugged and realised I was in an office along with my office workers. I had been day-dreaming again. I blushed in embarassment as all eyes were fixed on me. 'Sorry, sir.' I mumbled. 'It's Ok.' He smiled, 'You're new boss.' He pointed to the door. I slowly turned my face and there he was... Our new boss... MY new boss.