A Love Story 2- Part 36

'I've missed you too, honey.' My mum smiled, kissing the little girl on the forehead. My parents were surrounded with children all smiling at them. It's like my parents always come to this foster home and help these children because I could tell they all loved my parents. 'Honey, I have a present for you and your friends.' My mum exclaimed. She grabbed the bag my dad was holding and slowly took out a big barbie doll. She slowly passed it to the little girl and she smiled at her. 'Thanks grandma!' She exclaimed admiring the barbie doll she received. Why does this little girl keep calling my mum grandma? I don't understand. I know she may really like my mum for giving her these toys for her and her friends but she honestly doesn't need to call her grandma. As I continued watching, my mum handed out lots of barbies to other little girls and toy cars to little boys. 'Grandma! Come look at the painting I did.' The little girl grinned. She grabbed my mum's hand and they disappeared from the distance. 'Alright, Kate.' My mum laughed. Did she just call the little girl 'Kate'?! Why do I feel like she could possibly be mine. Why do I feel like Kate could still be alive?! I need to know why she keeps calling her grandma! If this girl is my daughter, I honestly don't know what to think anymore. How could my parents do this to me?!! Tears started filling the corners of my eyes but I held it in. I could be wrong, right? I quickly removed my seatbelt and ran across the road. As I entered the gates and walked towards the building, I was stopped by a high-pitched voice behind me. 'Alice?' I slowly turned around and noticed it was Katelynn. She had been crying because she had tears that ran down her face. I narrowed my eyes and quickly walked closer to her, 'Honey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?!' She wiped the tears and faked a smile at me, 'I'm ok.' She mumbled. This girl was good. Its unbelievable she can hide her feelings eventhough it was obvious something was wrong. 'You're not fine, honey. Please tell me.' I frowned. She smiled at me and grabbed my hand. She lead me to a table with four small chairs that surrounded it. On the table was a drawing of a stick man, stick woman and a small little girl with a title 'My Family' but it had been ripped into small pieces. 'What happened?' 'Kate ripped it.' She muttered as she looked down at her ruined work. 'And why would she do that?' 'She hates me. But its ok, I still like her.' She grinned, 'She used to be my bestest friend in the whole wide world. But then she started being very, very horrible to me. Now she just won't talk to me for no reason.' She frowned. 'Would you like me to talk to her?' 'NO!' She replied back, 'Her grandma will hate me forever. She'll shout at me again.' 'What?' I cocked an eyebrow at her, 'What do you mean, she'll shout at you? She won't! Trust me.' I smiled but I didn't seem to have convinced her. She stared back at me and frowned. She shook her head and ran off... 'Katelynn.. Wait!' But she had already disappeared from the distance. What did she mean by that? What does my Mum do to her?