Chapter 3

I was on my way to the company because dad called me early in the morning that he has a project for me to work on. This is the reason why I came here in the Philippines and also to have a vacation from my work abroad. Well, also to run away from Alex.

When I opened my car door flashes of lights were covering my eyes. Security guards guided me in the elevator. The elevator sounded and I got out of the elevator.

I heard my father’s employees whispering. I didn’t mind them and just continued my way to dad’s office. Dad’s secretary told me he’s in the conference room waiting for me. She opened the door for me and I thanked her.

I smiled as I sat on my seat. ”Good morning gentlemen. Sorry to keep you waiting.” I said professionally. I’m serious when it comes to business.

After introducing myself we continued with our business. I would manage the building that is going to be built which is a hotel.

The meeting was done successfully and soon dad and I were the only ones who are left. I left by 5 pm to shop because I miss shopping. An hour have passed and piles of paper bags from designer stores like Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Aeropostale, Top shop, Forever 21, Accessories,  Parisian, So Fab and many more. Some paper bags are already in the car because I couldn’t carry them all.

I went to the supermarket to buy water and then I went home. Tomorrow would be the start of construction for the new hotel.  

Next morning

I woke up early because I don’t wanna be late for my first day of work. I wore my black Christian loubiton and paired it with a white dress that ended above my knees.

I tied my hair in a high ponytail. After I was ready I, I grabbed my bag, phone, shades and helmet then went to work. We need to wear helmets in the site because it protects your head from falling things.

I arrived at the site and parked my car before stepping out. Karen, my assistant, rushes to my side and gives my vanilla frap. After handing me my cup she directly gave me a brief reminder about my appointments.

Karen has been working for me for the past 7 years. You can also say she’s my best friend. Her and Amy are my best friend. She arrived from New York last night.

“Alex went to my apartment to ask where were you.” She said. I stopped walking once I heard her say Alex’s name. I turned to her.

“You didn’t say I was here, didn’t you?” I gave her a look. “I didn’t  tell him.” She gave me a knowing look. I sighed then hugged her. “You’re the best.” She pulled away then smiled. “I know, now let’s go meet the workers before they get bored, alright.” Then we proceeded on our way.