Chapter 3 - Where the Moon Shines

In the past few days at the safe-house Penny found comfort in Beau, his eccentric personality was a lively one

In the past few days at the safe-house Penny found comfort in Beau, his eccentric personality was a lively one. Unlike myself who seemed to care purely on the mission at hand. Beau was a lot more personable. She did find it strange that between myself being a man and the vampire, she felt more comfortable to confide with the vampire.

I'll admit, I can be almost impossible to understand. My walls were well guarded and overly fortified to penetrate. Beau was an open book, he would gladly answer anything she asked which always went from one story then to another. Her only complaint was that despite constant refusal, Beau had been persistent in flirting and trying to get her to bed.

"Anna May?" I heard Beau as he was so talking so loud he could be heard through the door. "Well, darlin', maybe if you were into women too, I reckon you and I along with Anna May could get together for a bit of the ol' ménage à trois."

"Oh my god!" Penny responded in a surprised tone, "No! No, I don't do that, you perv! I haven't even been with... Well, never mind. I said anime, I enjoy anime, not Anna May!"

I laughed as I heard them through the door. Fucking Beau, yeah that seems about right. It was probably the first laugh I had in a long time. After taking a few moments to regain my composure I opened the door since I returned from my meeting with Giorgio Olivieri.

Both Beau and Penny looked surprised at my appearance with my torn suit, the dust over my coat, and the wounds on the skin. Yeah, you can say I looked pretty banged up.

"Are you okay? You should get that checked!" Penny insisted.

"We need to move and we need to move now," I announced, never acknowledging Penny's concern, "Gretchen is arranging our itinerary."

"Where to, boss?" Beau asked.

"We'll brief everyone on that later," I responded, "Pack your gear, we need to head to Rendezvous Point: Alpha. We're wheels up in thirty minutes and the sun rises in three hours, Beau."

Penny was quick to gather what little belongings she had during her few days here in Sanctuary, our safe-house. Meanwhile, Beau pulled me to the side, "O, talk to me. What's going on?"

Still observing Penny, I responded, "We have a lead in regards to whom we're dealing with."

"What?" Beau seemed confused, "Hold on a minute, O, I don't give two hoots about that. I'm talking about you trying to take the world on your shoulders. We're more than coworkers, mon ami. I'm worried about you, Penny is worried about you."

Right then while observing Penny, she heard a strange whisper. Of course I didn't realize that at the time. She looked up towards the hallway and saw the silhouette of the horned man. She was unable to make out his details, but felt enthralled by it as if it called to her. She had an enchanting smile as she continued to look at it.