Chapter 2: The Fire

I opened my eyes. My body was now on fire and my body ached even more. I must have a fever. I tried to move and instantly felt nauseous. I let out a groan, my head feeling as though someone was kicking it repeatedly.

"Don't move." I heard someone say beside me as they undid my seatbelt. I didn't dare to even open my eyes as I thought that even the littlest movement would cause pain.

I tried not to flinch as they picked me up, which they responded with an apology. The voice sounded so distant, and I felt as though it echoed a thousand times in my head.

I felt them carefully lift me up and back out of the van, slowly and carefully. I felt them turn around in slow motion, and begin to walk, over analyzing every step as to not cause any more movement for me than they had to. I was thankful. The walked seemed like forever. I heard a door open, and I knew we were in a building. I opened my eyes, and recognized the dorm building. My head started spinning rapidly, and a pain in my chest grew. I looked at the face of the person carrying me but I already knew who it was.

Junhui.

He looked down at me, a terrified look on his face.

"Woo-"

I felt my lungs gasp for air and my body begin to tingle, and everything went black.

I opened my eyes and it was dark now, nighttime. The light on the table beside me was the only thing lighting up the room. I was in a bed, my bed, in the dorm. My body ached but not as much, and although my head hurt it was no longer pounding. I sat up a little, leaning my back against the wall. There was a soft knock on the door, as if in perfect timing.

"Come in."

Mingyu peeked his head in the door, before walking into the room.

"Hey Wonwoo, how are you feeling?"

"Horrible, but better."

"The doctor came. He thinks you have mono again. You will be on bed rest for at least a week."

"I can't we-"

"Yes you can. It's just shooting for shows. We will be fine."

I let out a sigh. Around here, you can't be on bed rest for a week.

"I passed out?"

"Yup. Doctor said exhaustion, low blood pressure, not enough water which, speaking of that there is a glass there beside you. Drink it all."

His stern voice was barely stern at all. I laughed.

"Yes sir."

He glared at me before breaking into a smile.

"Junhui hyung carried you all the way from the parking lot to here. He's really worried about you. I'll let him know you are awake and doing okay."

Of course he is.

"I think I am going to sleep again so don't send him here, I will talk to him tomorrow."

Mingyu nodded and didn't argue. He gave me a smile and walked out of the room, gently closing the door behind him.

I took the water and the two advils from the table beside me and quickly swallowed. I turned off the light and rested my head on the pillow and it wasn't long before I fell asleep. And it wasn't long until I woke up again, this time to a sharp pain in my side.

"AH" I yelled, the pain shifting down my leg like a lightning bolt. My door slammed open and someone ran to my side, shoving a glass of water and medication into my hand. I quickly swallowed and shoved my head back into the pillow, trying to ignore the pain and to muffle any sounds that would wake the other members. I let out a whimper and instantly felt a hand stroking my head. I began to doze off again until I fell into a nice deep sleep for the first time in months.

I woke to the bright daylight this time. I sat up quickly in a panic remembering the events from yesterday. I felt disoriented until I realized I was still in my bed. I sunk back down again and turned to face the wall instead of the bright window and realized someone was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. I reached for my glasses and turned back to face it.

Junhui. Junhui was sleeping in the chair, slumped over, like he had been there all night.

I shook my head. He just wouldn't give up. But he looked really cute, and I suddenly felt grateful.

I went to lay back down but he woke up, shook his head and looked at me. He looked relieved.

"Woo," He said in almost a whisper.

"Come here." I pointed to the bed, in a spot where he could sit.

He walked over slowly, looking almost scared, not looking me in the eye. He sat down and turned his head away.

"Jun."

He looked at me, tears running down his face. I felt pain again, this time in my heart as it sank to the ground.

I grabbed his arm, tugging him down to lay beside me. I lifted the blanket over him, and pulled him close to my chest. I felt his body freeze.

"Woo-" he started to say something but I pulled him closer. I shimmied down so I could burry my face in his chest.

He let out a breath and pulled me closer too. We stayed there for what seemed like forever until he tried to talk again.

"Woo, really wha-" "Shh" I replied, gently pulling away so I could look at him.

He looked nervous, so I let out a giggle to relieve some tension.

"Jun, I'm sorry. I really am. You've done so much for me and I've been an ass. Thank you for everything. Since I'm still an ass I'm ordering you to stay here with me for a bit. Just a bit." I smiled at the smile that grew on his face.

"Yes of course, I'm, I'm sorry too"

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I sighed.

I moved in closer again to put my face on his chest, close enough to hear his heartbeat.

And I felt a feeling I had only felt once before.