8

The stars above began to fade into the now pink-ish purple sky, and the orange sun began to come out from its hiding spot behind the horizon. The waters were crystal clear, and seagulls swooped down to catch their breakfast.

Jasper and you had found a cave, one that was small but could provide excellent shelter for the two of you. Jasper was sitting inside the cave on a rotting log, looking out at the sunrise. You were farther from the cave so Jasper couldn't see you dance on the shore... it would've embarrassed you.

You hummed a made-up tune as you danced, ignoring the fact that your uniform was getting wet.

"G/N!" Jasper yelled from the cave. You jumped slightly and blushed, hoping she didn't see you. "C'MON, GET MOVING!" She yelled again as she put her cape on and began walking down the shoreline.

You caught up to her and looked up at her. "Sorry about that... heh. Are we still looking for that Peridot and Lapis Lazuli?" You asked. Jasper nodded without looking at you. "They're are only way to get back to Homeworld, and without them... we'd be stranded."

You thought for a moment. 'But this wouldn't be a bad place to settle in, right? It's beautiful, I mean, that sunset was GOREGOUS!' You did a small closed-mouth laugh to yourself.

Jasper looked at you and raised an eyebrow, but she didn't question it.

Nearly and hour later, you and Jasper found some sort of gem city. It wasn't like a city at Homeworld with tall structures, warp pads or even tubes; just small buildings. Humans walked around and chatted with each other, but they weren't like the ones inhabiting the zoo.

"Woah... look, humans have become more civilized..." you whispered excitedly. Jasper looked on at them with a disgusted expression. "They're nothing more than pests that ruined this planet. Cmon, let's keep going." She walked away from you again, and you had to catch up with her... again.

You both walked by a massive white sign with seashells painted on it. "Welcome to Beach City!" It read. 'Isn't this the town we were supposed to go? It is... oh no.' You thought nervously.

You tugged on Jasper's arm as you approached a large sand dune. "Jasper, this is near the location of the Cluster; We shouldn't be here!" You whispered quickly and nervously to her.

Because you were partially quiet, she don't hear you and climbed to the top of the dune. You followed up behind her and gasped at what was in front of you.

A large stone woman with a small inhabiting unit sat attached to her naval. Several stone hands were built in different directions, while some were buried under the sand up to the fingertips. It was quiet around here, too quiet...

"Hm, this wasn't on the map... probably some old gem structure," Jasper mutters.

You recognized the statue immediately; it was a fusion. Although you were an era 2 gem, you knew much about the Rebellion here on Earth... a little too much.

That wasn't just a big fusion, that was Rainbow Obsidians... the major fusion of multiple big rebels and the leader of the rebellion Rose Quartz.

The sound of a nearby warp pad went off, and Jasper quickly dropped into the sand. You did the same not because of instinct, but because you slipped on a small pebble. "Ouch." You muttered.

Loud voices came from inside the housing unit, and the voices were barely audible:

"...Lapis... back!"

"But... Peridot... what if..."

"Barn... she go..."

"They're talking about our Lapis and Peridot..." You said quietly. "What if they found them and captured them?! And what gems are still here on Earth?!" You said, panicked. "It was all supposed to be corrupted from the diamond attack!"

"Shut up, you're so noisy, Jasper grumbled. "I don't know who's still here, but if they can use warp pads, they're definitely gems that need arresting." She punched her fists together.

You frowned at her. "I'm not noisy..." you said under your breath.

The door of the housing unit opened up, and a human boy ran out. He was running towards the town, a look of glee on his face.

"Maybe now's our chance," you said to Jasper. "We can see who's there! That was a human, possibly a family that knew about the gems lived there... they could help us!" You smiled.

"No, stick to the plan; find that Peridot and Lapis and leave." Jasper said.

"Too late!" You suddenly yelled as you scrambled to your feet and ran towards the house.

"G/N YOU IDIOT!" Jasper growled and ran after you.

Ah, what a quick little moment; it brought a smile to your face. Now, what was in that house...?