-seven: justice system

» seven: justice system «

carnivalle

***

   "Ugh ...?"

   Whimpering a bit as consciousness drew near, [surname] blinked, adjusting her eyes to the dim light of the lamp—then turn her head to the side, immediately meet a pair of ruby eyes.

   "You finally woke up."

   Huh? Deep voice? Red orbs? Crimson hair?

   A ... boy?

   "... Eh?"

   Once again, she blinked, right hand unconsciously stretched to caresses his cheek—wanted to confirm whether this was really a reality or just mere daytime dream. But when her fingertips touch his smooth skin, a wave of electricity greets her body and make her realizes—that this wasn't her imagining things.

   This was reality. The man in front of her was real.

   ... And after taking a good look at the figure, she immediately recognizes him.

   "A-AKASHI-CHAN!?" Screaming in panic, quickly positioned herself to sit—eyes widen in the size of saucers. "W-w-why is Akashi-chan here ...?"

   Akashi blinked.

   Now this was what you called rare—she was panicked, which was obviously not something he thought she would do. He firstly thought that she would just asked him in her usual sing-song voice, sweetly lure him to tell her his intentions; which was totally false.

   Ehem—anyway, this was out of his prediction.

   He started to open his mouth, wanting to tell the answer, but before Akashi could even say one word, the petite girl questioned:

   "W-wait—! A-Akashi-chan is here—s-so ... Akashi-chan already see [name]'s room...?"

   He stared at [surname], not understanding her point, but nevertheless answered.

   "Yes." He stopped, but then she seemed to expecting more comments, and thus he said: "Rainbow unicorns."

   —Which resulting her yelling in a high pitched scream.

   "I-i-i-it can't be helped! [name] really does love them after all!" Her face was fuming, crimson stained her chubby cheeks. "They're definitely cute!"

   Silence.

   Akashi found himself loss of words.

   "A-anyway, why is Akashi-chan here?" She coughed, regaining back her composure, cheeks still slightly red because of embarrassment—and it seems like she wanted to change the topic as soon as possible. "Is it possible that ... Akashi-chan staying beside [name] because Akashi-chan worry about [name]?"

   Hearing her seemingly innocent statement, his mouth turned into a thin line. "Yes, but no."

   She tilted her head to the right side, blinking cutely and adorably—not understanding his meaning. "Yes, but no?"

   He sighed. "Yes, I'm staying beside you, but no for worrying about you. I'm here because you won't let my hand go when you're sleeping."

   [surname]'s eyes immediately went wide with his answer, guilt creeping up into her heart. "G-gomenne! R-really, sorry .... [name] don't know t-that—"