Beorn ~ Slowly

Request by Winter_lovin

At first, the blade in your leg didn't entirely register, but as the orc pulled it out, you roared in pain, managing to kill it before collapsing, blood pooling forth.

You swallowed hard and fought to focus, tearing at any material you see to tie it off, eye's watching the battle and fire around you.

The risks had meant so little to you back then, something that seemed so far away, you hardly thought about, but struggling back to your feet now, in was sinking in like a heavy stone.

You were lucky in a sense, that it had been the last orc near you, but you could still see the other struggling and wanted to help, but a shakey step forward, using your weapon as support, was almost too much.

A warg was coming for you, teeth bared and you tried to brace yourself as much as you could.

The blow hurt, fire roaring through your leg as you buckled, barely holding onto consciousness as you fought off the warg.

You don't think you had ever cried in relief before, but as an eagle swooped in and saved you, that was exactly what you started to do.  It didn't matter in that moment if you were afraid of heights, or even if you enjoying the sensation of flying, all that mattered was the broken sobs, glad that no one could hear, as you clutched your leg, trying to get the pain under control.

Adrenaline kept you moving as the eagles landed, Oin having long enough to bandage it more effectively than what you had on the field, before the treacherous trip down began.

The other's quickly realised that you were going to be very unsteady, so you got stuck in between Dwalin and Bombur, both ready to help if you slipped or your leg buckled.

You felt nauseous by the time you reached the bottom, but you waved off any concern.

You couldn't stop now, leg injury or no.

You were surprised when one of them handed you a makeshift crutch, concern in their gaze, but you were relieved to find it helped. It wasn't comfortable, but it helped.

Then you had to run.

Weak and strained, you wheezed as you run, trying to keep your body in your control even as terror flooded it at the sound of a roar and the clear sounds of orcs on your trail. The crutch being no good for running, you threw it away and fought to keep up with the others.

The house would have been a relief had you not been in so much pain, almost instantly collapsing against a wall, face incredibly pale as you breathed hard, barely registering the large bear trying to get inside, roaring at everyone as they pushed it back.

Oin had been first at your side, quickly looking you over and seeing the tremble in your body and calling for help with trying to keep you down as he looked at your leg.

He didn't need to bother though as you finally collapsed, it all being too much.

"She needs to rest, master dwarf, the healing skills of my people may be a little lost, but that does not mean I do not understand. There will be no walking on that leg for a while, and while I know you are reluctant, she is safest here."

You stirred at the sound of the voice, one you didn't recognise but you found oddly soothing.

"Beorn, we thank you for your hospitality and help, but we cannot possibly just leave her here, it would be over stepping our bounds and-"

Oin was cut off. "You are not for I have offered. She will need help and rest over the coming weeks and continuing along your current journey is certainly not going to allow that. She will be lucky to keep her leg if she does that."