Chapter Four

Lucy
I stared at Chief as shock filled my face and eyes. I couldn't believe it.. this isn't real.. or my mind is playing tricks on me. This can't be.. my body started shaking and the heart monitor began to go insane. Chief sighed and rubbed my arms, attempting to calm me down. I guess Jackson heard my heart monitor cause he barged in.

"What did you do Chief?!" His growl and direct worry towards me was prominent.

I loved it but hated it at the same time.. I didn't know what to feel anymore.. it seemed as though he was a beast, my heart pulls to him, it seems like a connection had been made..

Chief shook his head, stood then walked out, he seemed to be angry but his face held no expression.

I looked up to Jackson who's eyes were very dark. "Did he hurt you." He placed his hands on mine and quickly pulled away when bolts of electricity shocked the both of us.. it wasn't a shock.. it had something to do with the pull.. his tense shoulder loosened and he took a deep breath then closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He simply apologized and nodded before caressing my cheek and walking out of the room.

 Shock filled me again, what just happened? I laid back and blinked, trying to gather everything while rubbing my shocked hand. It didn't hurt or anything, just tingled. Anyway, that's besides the point. It was all too surreal for me but i knew that i had to get a grip on it soon or it wouldn't be pretty. Just as I had started to finish my thought process, the door opened again and two men enter the room. One was slightly taller than the other yet they looked similar in features. They stared directly in front of them. Why wouldn't they look at me? I get that I look rough but not that bad. "I am Delta Keesh, and this is my brother Delta Kai.  Alpha Jackson sent us to retrieve you to be sure you don't run away." The taller one on the right had explained. I just rolled my eyes and stood up, my knees feeling a little weak as I did so.  "We have been instructed to not touch nor look a you in this process only if you don't run." I nodded and raised a brow, "before I go anywhere with the two of you, where are we going?" 

"You will see, he also said we can't tell you that. Don't worry, you are very safe with us." Kai, the shorter one replied with a small smile, not breaking their gaze from the wall. Jackson really wasn't kidding around was he?.. 

At the same time, they both moved to face each other but with enough space in between them that I could squeeze through. Kai and Keesh were on either side of me as we walked to an unfamiliar area which I've never seen before. It was a beautiful large three story house that looked like a cabin but for a beach resort, it took my mind off of the fact that I was crutching on pavement barefoot in a hospital gown, but down worry it was all tied down. "Why am I being taken here? What is this place? It's like a palace."  I continued to stare in awe as we approached the door, stepping up the porch steps. That seemed to only weaken me more. Despite what Jackson said, the gentlemen helped me up the steps knowing I was weak, "thank you.." I told them softly. Keesh stepped ahead and opened the door, walking in and facing me but again, not looking. "Alpha Jackson will be here soon to speak to you. Meanwhile, I will show you to your room." He turned away again and led me to an elevator that was next to a flight of staircases.  As we entered he clicked the third button out of the three that were on the wall. Except, this button had a large fancy A which I assumed stood for Alpha. The ride up was smooth until we came to a halt, the sickening feeling of the elevator moving around made me queasy so I immediately took a deep breath and clenched my crutches to calm my nerves. "We are not allowed any further, Alpha Jackson will be here shortly."