chapter one

❞ barley surviving has become my purpose ❞

barley surviving has become my purpose

MANY YEARS HAD PASSED since the world had began to go under. Everything we once took for granted, was now the thing we needed to survive and was hard to find. Everything I once knew, was gone and I was now on my own. My family was gone and so were the society.

My feet kept on moving, deeper and deeper in between the trees. I didn't have much hope left in my heart or body, but the small amount that was left kept on hoping that something or someone would come to my rescue.

Being on my own was hard, way to hard and I was afraid that I will not survive much longer. My body had turned to only skin and bone. Nothing else but bruises and cuts covering it. Before all of this, I was a happy and innocent little girl, but she was gone. She had been gone for several years now.

A twig cracking instantly got my attention, my hand immediatly reaching towards my knife and getting ready to take a hold of it.

At first I didn't see anyone, not a walker nor a person. But I could feel eyes at me and hearing someone hiding behind the tree's, waiting for a the moment to attack.

"Stop being a coward and show yourself!" I growled. I may be getting weaker by every day that passes by, but my courage was not getting weaker. It was getting stronger by each day.

It took a few moments before a young man walked out from behind a tree. His face was hidden behind a brown sheriff hat, but his brown hair was shown and it was reaching his shoulders. He was tall and very built, wearing a blue flanel with a few blood stains here and there.

"You know, a young girl like yourself should'nt out here on your own." He spoke as he walked around me, not looking at me but at his gun that he was holding, but every now and then he would look up for a second but then turn away.

"I am not a little girl." I growled once again, understanding what he was implying. "I can handle myself."

The young man chuckled and stopped walking. He turned towards me, his face now being shown clearly. His right eye was covered with a bandage and his other was the colour of light blue, like the ocean I had once seen.

"What do you want?" I asked, my hand holding the knife, still being ready to pull it out of its hold and protect myself from the young man in front of me.

"My buisness has nothing to do with you. I just ran in to you and was trying not to be seen by you but we both know how that went."

"You're not the best at sneeking around while trying to stay hidden." I mumbled.

"What was that?" His voice now got darker, more anger in it and he began to slowly walk closer to me but with distance still in between us.