Chapter Nine Poleaxe vs Busterblade

AN: Hey everyone, sorry it took so long to get anotber chapter out. Life has gotten to me with college and my laziness to update. But I thank you all none the less for sticking with me. Anyways enough of that here is the next chapter to CIR. I hope you enjoy.

Holden and Caboose slowly circled each other with their blades at the ready. They did this for a few seconds before Holden dashed forward bring his blade down in vertical arc, Caboose eyes widened at the speed but reacted in time to block with his own. Holden tried pushing against him to force him back but found he couldn't push Caboose. He was slightly awed by this then stumbled backwards when Caboose shoved his weapon forward, Holden fell onto his rear and Caboose brought his massive weapon up then brought it down. Holden rolled out of the way and got back up, Caboose then pivoted towards him and swung his blade, Holden brought up his blade barely blocking his attack which sent him flying to the shield wall, cracking the barrier slightly. He fell into a crouch and stared at Caboose believing all the rumors he heard about him stopping a horde of Grimm, the young man in front of him definitely had the strength. He looked at his weapon to see their was a chip in the blade.

“Ar-Are you alright?” Caboose asked as he held his stomach.

Holden nodded his head before standing up then raised his weapon above his head in a high guard. “Yeah, I underestimated you… but now that is enough of that.”

Holden rushed forward and brought his blade down, Caboose brought his blade up to block, the sound of metal rang. Holden brought his weapon back and pressed a button changing the long sword into a poleaxe on the fly. He brought it down and again Caboose brought his blade up to block but Holden wasn’t done there as he hooked the buster sword and pulled it down. It surprised Caboose as his blade was almost ripped from his hands from a sudden burst of strength then a pain hit him right in the shoulder forcing him backwards, Holden had jabbed him hard with the tip of the poleaxe. Caboose got back into a ready stance with his enormous blade on his shoulder and Holden returned his weapon to a Long Sword.

The class watching with anticipation to see who would re-engage first. Caboose rushed forward swung his blade a Holden who simple parried the wide attack way but Big Blue kept up the momentum and spun with his sword. Forcing Holden to block the next attack that sent him sliding into the barrier, hard. He shook it off and ducked as Caboose’s blade made contact with the barrier causing it to flash white but Caboose wasn’t done there as he shoulder charged into Holden knocking the other teen over. Caboose brought his blade up quickly and slammed it down hard but Holden rolled out of the way and back onto his feet. He transformed the blade back into a poleaxe and jabbed Caboose hard on his right shoulder forcing him to release his buster sword that was embedded into the ground. He staggered backwards and rubbed his shoulder as Holden came at him again. Something triggered in Caboose’s mind, a memory. Holden was no longer standing in front of him and the rest of the class was gone, the walls around him were gray and bright flood lights showed from the ceiling. In front of him stood a silhouette holding a staff, all he saw was red upon looking at the Silhouette.

“Come on Michael… we knew this was going to happen… the Director always gets what he wants…” The silhouette said as it got into a ready stance with the staff. “If we don’t fight each other, the whole squad will be punished for breaking rank… I know you’re right, I shouldn’t have done that but… would you have let it happen and slept soundly at night… That is right you don’t know… But enough, it is time..”

The Silhouette rushed him and swung the staff in a wide arc, Caboose took a step back dodging the tip barely before stepping in and delivering devastating body shots to the exposed side of the silhouette. Then delivered a haymaker of an uppercut to the silhouette’s jaw causing his head to snap back quickly and a mist of spit to leave his lips. The silhouette recovered and tried to jab at him with the staff but the super soldier side stepped the attack. In the blink of an eye, he ripped the staff out of the silhouette’s hands and smacked it across the face but he wasn't done there as he unleashed a barrage of attacks with the staff on the silhouette. The last hit knocked it into the air but before it could hit the ground, Caboose grabbed it by the ankle and threw him across the room. It hit the ground hard and rolled a few feet farther, he watched it as slowly got back up on its feet. He looked at the staff in his hand before he threw it like a javelin at the Silhouette, it hit him directly on the chest causing it to stagger backwards onto the wall. At that same moment Caboose rushed forward crossing the distance with blinding speed and lifting the silhouette up against the wall by the throat. He pulled his arm back with the intent to end the silhouette’s life for what it did to him… to them. “Take care of them… their your responsibility now…”