CH 27 - I don't believe in coincidences

Daddy Panichjayasawad POV

"Spill it Forth, what the hell is wrong with you?" Beam asks.

Forth and Phana are sitting to attention at the breakfast table, they have been polite to the boys but a little distant, all the while watching me for sudden movements. Wayo is trying to add things to Phana's plate, who smiles, but stops himself from doing the same, its worrying Wayo. He turns his attention to his familiar, who's happy to have more food on his plate. I need to have a word with Bee, she was meant to handle this better.

"Nothing Beam." Forth replies politely.

"Now I definitely know something is, when did you get this polite?" Beam snaps.

"Beam..."

"What did you do father?" He asks turning to me.

"Me?" I asked lowering my spoon. "I arrived this morning."

"Father!" Wayo says pointing. "What did you say to them?"

Both the princes quickly try to reassure the boys, who aren't listening but looking at me suspiciously. I do have smart sons.

"What do you think I did?" I ask with a sigh. "Had them tied, blindfolded and kidnapped in the middle of the night to threaten them?"

"Of course not father." Beam sighs. "You're not that dramatic."

Both the princes choke, I smile as I drink my tea. Beams looking at his mother, exasperated, the dramatics are usually her thing, but what can I say. I have been married to her for a while and you pick up things from your partners.

Poppy is clearing her throat giving me a look, she knows I'm up to something but will wait to ask me. My talk with the princes was interesting, but what happens will be more.

"What do you boys do?" I calmly ask the princes.

Poppy sighs, but the boys are looking at me, oh they are scared.

"P'Pha is a baker father." Wayo tells me happily.

Phana chokes on his fruit, Wayo pats his back and offers him water. Baker, are you highness? Phana looks at me ready to run. I notice Spark has been watching my plate closely, I hand him my cookie. It's like trying to say no to Wayo when he was small, it really can't be done.

"Forth is a huntsman." Beam replies for him.

"Beam..."

"What?" Beam looks at him. "I figured it out."

Forth is counting the exits, I can see Lee hiding his smile behind his hand.

"Where have you been?" Poppy asks. "I sent you the message days ago."

"My apologies my dear." I reply. "I was summoned by the Elder King, I couldn't refuse."

"Is everything alright father?" Kit asks. "Ming, just leave it on the plate, I'll eat it."

"I'm happy to see you getting along." I smile at the two. "I don't have to worry."

"I will always take care of P'Kit uncle." Ming smiles at me, before kissing Kit's hand.

"You!" Kit snaps. "Timing."

"But we're engaged and uncle likes me." Ming whines.

I liked Ming very much. Not only had he been with Wayo no matter what happened, but he made the shy Kit more animated, brighter and come out of his shell.