CH 37 - My beast is back...

Wayo POV

The wizards form a circle moving everyone away, the spectators watched whispering about magic and curses. The adjourning room and large patio doors were opened ushering the guests out.

Pring screamed and crawled away. Where a moment ago was P'Pha, now there was a beast. But he was different than before. He was much bigger, his features more pronounced and when he opened his mouth he roared.

The spell isn't finished, P'Ahn had said. The real beast, P'Bee's curse had used. But it had been interrupted, that's how my rose had protected him, it didn't let the spell complete. This was the real beast.

"Stay calm Yo." P'Kong looks at me.

I was sort of but when I tried to move P'Pha pulled me back and held me close. When I looked up at him I realised he was worried, like when I met him for the first time in the forest. I hadn't been scared then, I wasn't now either.

"How the hell did this happen?" P'Pha's father asks angrily. "We were so careful."

"Why don't you ask Pring?" I snap turning to them. "She did this."

They look at me surprised before looking at Pring, who is hiding behind a pillar.

"I...didn't..." She cries pitifully.

She was giving a nice performance unfortunately, the idiot wizards looked like they believed her of course. I see P'Kong watching me, I point to the glass which is not shimmering anymore. He immediately starts checking and curses moments later calling someone new who also checks and also curses, quite colourfully.

"Another curse?" P'Forth asks.

"She made him drink something." I tell them.

"Did you use a love potion?" Gramps asks.

"The Head Wizard is checking..."

The king says looking at the man with P'Kong, but Gramps silences his son with a look before asking Pring the question again.

"I...I...didn't..."

"Don't lie to me girl." Gramps cuts her off. "I may be old, I'm not an idiot."

"This wasn't meant to ..." She says quietly.

"A love potion never works on a Kongtanin." He tells them. "Especially not on one who has found his true love."

"Why would it cause this uncle?" P'Pha's father asks.

"There is a reason the Kongtanin are called beasts." He points to P'Pha. "They reject fake love by becoming beasts, which makes them immune to the effects of love potions or love spells."

"Isn't that just legend?" The king whispers. "That we had ancestors who could do that."

"Why do I bother telling you idiots anything?" He sighs. "The proof is right in front of you."

When Pring looks ready to run, I let the magic flow; she yelps as she trips and falls. I move towards her, but P'Pha keeps trying to pull me back, I stay close but stand up.

"Don't you dare run after causing this mess." I shout.

She stands up looking at me furiously. "I should have dealt with you first."

"Oh, I'll deal with you myself ...dam it Forth let me go." P'Beam snaps.

"Why the hell did you do this?" I ask.