Chapter 3

-Holly POV-

There was screaming. I heard it everywhere outside. Howling in pain and screeching as trees shake violently across my window. The silhouettes being the only thing I can see in my pitch black room.

I want to stand up and turn on my light. Hide in the brightness from this awful screeching. But I can't. If I were to stand up and cast that light from the bulb I know I would surely get hurt. He gets angry when it is that I am not in bed at this time. I lay on my bed and cover my ears with my pillows trying desperately to fall asleep and drown out this screaming. And slowly, the screeching and dancing branches slowly fade into a dreamless dark sleep.

-early Morning-

A gentle knocking on the door wakes me up and I check the time, 8:56. I rarely sleep this late in. strange. I head downstairs to find my boyfriend at the open door talking to someone. I can't see who but I can tell they are stressing him out. He looks tense and, scared? I'm not sure I've ever seen fear on his face.

"why no sir, I treat my lovely girlfriend as well as I possibly can..." he is lying. Why is he telling these lies? I try and gently creep forward trying to see the figure on the other side of the door. He is a man. Tall and a strait figure. Nothing discernable about him except a small badge on his outfit. A badge declaring that he is here to investigate if there is domestic abuse.

I panic and run up into my room. I grab my stash of makeup and look into my face. It isn't to bad. A bit of bruises on my cheek but nothing that bad. I smile relieved as I apply some foundation hiding them. I smile content and stash the makeup again before heading downstairs like it was the first time. And play the stable fine girlfriend that didn't just see a strange man come from her ceiling and that isn't in a bad relationship.

-3 hours later-

"hey it could have gone worse" I smile weakly at him, staring at his angry face.

"it could have gone better" he grunts. Angry and fumbling with a small business card "I DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO TO COUNSLING WITH SOME DUMB B**** LIKE YOU"

I wince. He hasn't called me a b**** in a long time. "Why did you call them? Do you want to leave me? Because you are LUCKY to have me. I'm the only person who will ever love you. No one out there will ever even think you are good enough to even be around" he hates me right now. I know this. I know how furious he is with me. I know what he says is true. "I know it," I can feel a tear start to well "yet I didn't call them. I would never do that to you..." he stares ahead of himself. He doesn't respond. Instead he gets up and walks out the door slamming it behind him. I can hear the car start.... He's leaving me? For how long? He normally tells me. I rush to the window to look at it as the car speeds away. I panic and run up to my room. He's probably going just cool off and will be back soon. Yet I'm worried about him. I instinctively grab a small strip of paper and my pencil to write a wish down. But stop before I write a single letter. I need to stop these. I need to focus on my wish with, what's his name? Cenrid? I need to deal with him first. I don't know how but I just need to figure out what I'm doing first. So I guess I'll just wait here. For either Cenrid to appear, or for him to come back home. I'll just wait...