Happy Birthday

Yoongi x Reader

Three years ago. It was three years ago that she had signed the contract. Three years since she had last seen the demon. But there he stood. As regal as he had the first time. Eyes still menacingly piercing within a crimson red. If Hell itself were a color, it would be the one captured inside of the demons eyes. He stood at an average height, a face with a jaw sharp enough to cut a steak raw, with lips that were small yet plump like cherries.

The demon dressed as he did the first time they had encountered one another. From his is long sleeved button up dress shirt embellished in silver cufflinks, to his skinny jeans, to his dress shoes, the man was drenched in black. His deep raven hair almost hid the hues of purple strands that were snuck into the feather-like locks. His skin, however, being as pale as pure white snow, contrasted the dark appearance .

If she didnt already know who he was, she could have sworn he would be the one to meet you at the gates of heaven. An ethereal being of which she had never seen throughout her life as a human on earth. Well, she was right about one thing. He was bringing her into the afterlife. However, not the one she would have prefered.

He stepped fourth. His line of sight never leaving hers. He moved slowly and steadily like a shadow in the fogy mist that surrounded the two.

Mist? It was the middle of July why was their mist?

She paused a moment to take in her surroundings. It was cold. Where was she? Why was she here?

Shivering, she looked up as she was met with long skinny trees that reached farther then her less than average eyes could see. Sequoias? She had presumed. There was barely any illumination in the area she was in. Her eyes traveled to the only source of light she could find. It was the moon. It was a Blood moon. She had thought the color reflected the eyes of the demon.

The Demon! She snapped her head back to the last place he had been. His proximity was closer then she had initially imagined. Standing at less then a foot away, the demon held the same stoic expression, now glaring down at the girl.

She gasped, surprised and afraid. Stepping back, not taking into account the roots of the giant Sequoias that stretched across the dirt floor, she tripped. Falling, her back slammed into the nearby trunk. 

Groaning in pain, the girl freed her now bloodied bare feet from its roots.

"I take it you don't remember me?" His voice was smooth like honey, but demonically stern.

Slowly, she craned her neck towards the man. He stood tall, with excellent posture, however, his hands had at some point leisurely made its way into the pockets of his jeans.

He was full of contradictions, which was oddly comforting for the girl considering her condition.

She slowly exhaled. Not having enough strength to stand, she leaned up against the tree she had fallen on. Closing her eyes she softly spoke with a remorseful disposition.

"I remember you."

"Then you know why you're here?" He spoke almost immediately.

Memories of three years ago came flooding back to her like a tidal wave.

It was her 19th birthday when it happened. She had recently been having bad luck. Up until now she considered herself to be of the luckiest people in the world. However, the past few months nothing had seemed to be going her way. Things went missing, her dog had eaten her eighteen page biology paper, and she had broken her leg just in time for her college basketball tryouts.

That day had to be the worst though. Because of her leg, she had to stay home while her mother and little brother went to the store to surprise her with her favorite meal for a birthday dinner.