8

The plane finally landed in LA. Damien could still feel some guilt in the pit of his stomach but he ignored it.

As we finally got outside of the airport, he realized he had no clue where he was going.

He looked at the email he had gotten back on his phone. Luckily, he was told which hotel he should stay at.

Well that might work for a few nights, but he was planning on living here so he might need to work on finding a permanent place.

In the meantime, a hotel would be fine.

He didn't have too much money, but he would soon start receiving paychecks for his voice acting. He should also probably get a job in the meantime.

He took some public transport to get near his hotel so he could walk the rest of the way. It was luckily in the middle of everything so he could easily walk places while he waited for his car to be transported and registered in LA.

As his bus came to a stop, he got off. Unintentionally, he walked next to a really tall man with silver hair.

"Hey," the man greeted.

"Hey," Damien responded.

"So where are you heading too?"

"The moon hotel. I'm staying there until I can get an apartment or something."

"Same. Hey maybe we can share a room and each pay half so it's cheaper!"

The giant did seem eager, so Damien agreed. "What's your name by the way?"

"Wes," he introduced.

"I'm Damien."

"I have a feeling we're gonna get along Damien."

"Me too. Just so you know, I'm gay. Don't worry I'm not into you, you're not my type."

"Me? Not your type?" He said, pretending to be offended. "Just kidding. That's fine with me though."

"Tight."

They finally arrived at their destination, keeping their agreement to split the cost of the room.

Neither of them planned for staying very long, but it was nice to have someone to keep them company.

The two men started to speak once again after they were settled at 9pm. "So what brings you to LA?"

"I'm voice acting for this movie, and also to get a fresh new start on life."

"Cool. I'm hear because I'm editing a movie and plan on being an editor in general. Apparently thy just need one more actor to do the lines. They refused to get someone else."

"Really, whats the movie called?"

"Guardians of Pi."

"That's the movie I'm voice acting for!"

"Really?! What a coincidence!"

"Yeah, it is. It's a small world I guess."

"THEY HAVE CHOCOLATE!" Wes suddenly cheered like a little kid.

Damien chuckled at his childish behavior. He liked the man already.

-

At night, Damien found it hard to sleep. There was something bugging him and he couldn't tell what.

He decided to just go for a walk, yes a 1am walk in his pajamas.

He put on some shoes and took one of the cards to get back in.

As he walked, pondering every thought that came to his mind, he lost track of where he was and found himself in an alley way.

He suddenly gained awareness to his surroundings as he heard people speaking.

"You got the stuff?"

"Yeah. You got the money?"

"Yeah."

Damien immediately hid behind a dumpster, watching the scene going on in front of him.

He watched as one of the men exchanged his money for a large bag of white powder. He was witnessing a drug deal.

As the person receiving the drugs left, he tried to leave without making a sound.

Of course, as he stood up, he immediately slipped on a piece of plastic. A loud thud was heard as he hit the ground.

The dealer immediately whipped around. Damien tried to run away, but the dealer got hold of his shirt. Damien squirmed not being strong enough to break free.

"Tell me what you saw! You better not lie to me!" He said, harshly shaking Damien.

"E-everything."

"Goddamnit," he muttered, "whats your name?"

"Damien Haas," he answered shakily.

"If I let go you better not run. I assure you, it won't end well," he said, taking a gun out of his sweatshirt pocket.

He let go of Damien's shirt as he typed something on his laptop. Damien had to resist the urge to run.

"I now have access to all your personal information. So, how's your friend. What's his name again? Shayne," he smirked. "I have here that you just left him to die."

"Don't-" Damien immediately regretted speaking as he was hit in the head with the gun. "Ow!"

"Be quiet! You listen here now. You work for me now. Yes, you'll be paid. If you don't do as I say I'll be sure to put a quick end to your life. Tell anyone, it's boom boom time. Understand?"

Damien nodded, fighting the urge to cry. "Here, take this phone. I'll next you when you're needed. Now leave," he ordered.

Damien obeyed, terrified of what would happen if he didn't. One day in LA, and he already got himself into the drug business.

-

Meanwhile, Shayne was still on the road. He had brought some food, clothes, a blanket, and essential toiletries like toothbrush and toothpaste, as well as a hairbrush and some water. He knew he would be sleeping in his car for a while until he could get a job or find Damien.

After a few more hours of driving, he finally got to the big orange itself.