12

"Never!" Damien choked through his laughter. Shayne had pinned him to the floor, mercilessly tickling him.

"I'm not gonna stop until you tell me where you hid it!"

Damien had hidden the Dark Souls III disk as a prank. "Fine! I give! I give!" Damien surrendered as he was about to piss himself.

Shayne picked up the other man and held his hands behind his back like he was a prisoner so he couldn't escape. "Take me to the disk."

Damien led Shayne into the kitchen where the disk was hidden. "It's on top of the fridge."

"You asshole! How did you even get it up there?" Shayne asked. The fridge was a tall one, and neither man was very tall.

"I threw it," Damien chuckled breaking away as Shayne loosened his grip.

"Damien!" Shayne yelled as Damien ran away. "Looks like I need to do this myself," he quietly muttered.

Shayne hoisted himself onto the counter, hoping it would hold his weight. There wasn't any reason it shouldn't, but it's still a valid fear.

He slowly walked around the counter to get to the fridge. He crept across the thin strip of marble around the sink, and finally got to the fridge after climbing over the stove.

The disc was in sight. As Shayne reached for it, he felt his foot slowly slipping.

"SHAYNE!" Damien yelled when he heard the scream.

He ran into the kitchen where he last saw him. Sure enough, Shayne was positioned on the ground, a pool of blood surrounding his head.

"No no no no no! I just got you back I can't loose you again!" Damien cried. He immediately called 911.

"911 whats your emergency?"

"Best friend...falling..blood..lots of blood."

"I'm going to ask you to calm down sir."

"M-My friend fell. I t-think h-he hit his h-head." Damien didn't really like calling Shayne a 'friend' but they haven't confirmed being boyfriends yet.

"Is there blood?"

"Y-yes."

"Is he unconscious?"

"Y-y-yeah."

"An ambulance is coming. Try and stop the bleeding."

Damien hung up and went into a panicked frenzy getting a towel and pressing it against the back of Shayne's head where blood was spitting from.

His tears were blinding as the soft tan material of he towel slowly soaked with the rich crimson liquid.

It took the ambulance 5 minutes to arrive, it's arrival signified by the shriek of the sirens. Each second seemed to drag on.

Everything went even more blurry and Damien's vision slowly turned to black and white. He saw the paramedics run inside in slow motion as his own consciousness left him in a panic.

"Wh-wha?" Damien sounded as he opened his eyes.

"You passed out as the ambulance came. Your friend is in the next room."

Shayne.

"Can I see him?"

"Not until we figure out why you passed out."

"I know why! I have anxiety, and I was scared of losing my boy-best friend!"

"Fine you can go," the nurse sighed.

Damien practically sprung up from the bed, rushing to the other room. Shayne was awake! Hallelujah!

"Shayne! I'm so sorry! I'm such an idiot, I thought it would be a harmless prank! Please don't hate me!"

Shayne chuckled. "I could never be mad at you. Besides, it's my fault for being clumsy."

A doctor came in. "Mr. Haas, can I speak to you?"

The brunette nodded as he followed the doctor out of the room. "You're Shayne's roommate right?" Damien nodded. "Good news. Shayne is alright. He only lost two pints of blood which isn't enough more him to need a transfusion. We've already stitched him up so we're just going to keep him on the saline drip for the night to give his body more fluid so it can replace the blood cells. He can go home in the morning."

Damien nodded, not really knowing what he was saying. All he knew was he refused to leave Shayne's side.

Damien walked back into the room, Shayne was now sitting up on his own. "What did she say?"

"She said that apparently you got stitches while we both were unconscious. Also, you don't need a transfusion but you need to stay here for the night."

"Ugh," Shayne groaned. He patted the bed for Damien to lie down next to him.

"Shayne, I can't."

"Please! You laying next to me won't kill me!" Shayne pleaded.

"Fine, but only because I can't resist those eyes!"

"Noted," Shayne said, obviously to use later when we wanted something from the other man.

Damien laid on the other side of the saline drip thing. He wrapped my arms around his torso and Shayne wrapped the arm that didn't have a needle in around him.

It soon became night. Visiting hours were technically over but Damien refused to leave so they just let him.

"I know this isn't the best time to ask, I mean we're literally cuddling in a hospital bed, but do you want to be my boyfriend?" Shayne asked hopefully.

Damien has been waiting for this. He didn't hesitate with saying, "Yes!"

And with that, the two men could sleep happily.