Chapter Six

* Dakota's POV *

I woke up an hour before my alarm clock went off. It was 5:30. But it wasn't that I couldn't sleep, or that I was woken by a vision. I wasn't even mad that I was up this early. I was up because I was happy. I wanted to get to school early and see Felix. I finally had something to look forward to.

I got up and jogged to the bathroom.

"Honey?" my mom stopped me at the door. Her robe and glasses were still on, coffee mug in hand. "What are you doing up so early?" she asked.

"Oh. Nothing." I said with a smile. I closed the door behind me and turned on the water. I even made it a little on the cold side for extra energy. When I got out I wrapped my hair into the towel and wrapped another towel around my body.

"KOTA SWEETIE IM LEAVING! DONT FORGET YOUR MEDS!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"OK BYE LOVE YOU!" I screamed back.

I went into my room and sat on my bed. It was still early. Only 5:45. I picked up my phone and went through my bag to find a little slip of paper with ten numbers on it and a name. But it wasn't Felix. It was Jonah.

"Shit." I said. I sighed loudly. He must've put it in there when he sat down. I didn't know what to do. And then I made a choice. I added his number to my contacts and left it at that. I rummaged through again and found another slip of paper. This time it said Felix. I squealed and started to text him.

Dakota: Hey. I just wanted to let you know this is Dakota. From yesterday. The one with the hair haha.

I looked at the time again. 5:48.

"Dammit." It was too early to text him. What if he thought I was crazy, like Jonah and everyone else. I waited. For him to text back. Five minutes later, he still didn't. I started to get ready. I put on a grey bra and matching underwear. I danced around my room to realize my curtains were open. I quickly grabbed my towel and covered up. I closed the curtains and took off the towel. I looked through my drawer to find the lightest item of clothing I had. I had a flowy cotton dress in the lighted shade of grey.

"This will be light enough."

"Why does everything you own have to be so dark?" Some one with a long bright yellow dress said behind me. She wore a flower crown with big sunflowers. She looked peaceful, but she was evil.

"Oh fuck off. Why don't you go look for Coachella sunshine?" I said. And like that, she vanished.

I grinned and put on my dress. It fit perfectly. I twirled around, my dress lifting as the wind filled under it. I grabbed my phone and, instead of walking, or even running, down the stairs, I slid down the banister, falling at the end. I just lay there, laughing. I was happier then ever. I didn't even care that I had just hit my head and sprained my ankle. I laughed and laughed while laying on the cold wood floor. And it was all because of a guy I had met.

I rolled over to get up and skipped to the kitchen. I made myself a bowl of mini wheats with milk and sat to eat it at the table. I checked my phone as I ate, waiting for Felix to text me back. When I was done eating I tossed my bowl into the sink and grabbed my meds out of the cabinet above the sink, pulling out two pills. I filled a glass with water and took one. I gagged at the taste. I had forgotten what they tasted like. It's been months since I actually took these. I started to put the other one in my mouth when my phone vibrated on the table. I jumped and ran to the table for my phone.

Felix: Oh hello Dakota. I remember you from yesterday. See you in school ;)

I shrieked and hugged the phone into my chest. I slipped on some grey toms and headed out the door.

"Whoops," I ran back in because I forgot my bag. I locked the door and a chill was sent down my legs. It was a chilly fall day but I didn't care. I ran to school as fast as I could. I got there in two minutes flat.

I was really early. I sat down on the front steps and looked around. There were barely any people. I saw a couple making out in their car. The janitor through the window. A couple plants. It was foggy because it was still morning. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through tumblr. I did this for 20 minutes before the people started getting here. I stood up and straightened out my dress. My phone vibrated again. I looked down at it.

Felix: Hello love. Look behind you :-)

I turned my head but no one was there. Suddenly there were hands over my eyes. I gave a little shriek and almost fell backwards down the stairs.

"Woah," said the person. The person gave me a little peck on the cheek but quickly dropped his hands and took a step away. I turned around to see Felix with a look on his face that made it seem like he just saw a ghost.

"I am so sorry. Sorry sorry sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." He said with his adorable accent.

"For what?"

"That kiss. I shouldn't have done that."

"Well do you have a girlfriend?"

"No..."

"Would you have kissed me if you knew I didn't have a boyfriend?"

"Maybe," he blushed and gave a shy smile while looking down.

"Then why would I mind? Just like I hope you don't mind if I do. This." I wrapped my arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his moist pink lips. I pulled apart, resting my forehead against his, my hands still connected as my arms lie on his shoulders. He breathed heavily, his cheeks a bright red.

"Welcome to Kansas newbie." I took my arms off of him, waved goodbye and skipped to my locker.

I opened it but I loudly slammed shut.

"So gothie. I saw you with the hot new kid. The British exchange student. You kissed him? You can't kiss him! He's mine! I called dibs!"

"Becky you can't call dibs on a guy. He's been here two days. Do you even know his name?"

"Yea it's like. Harry or Jack or something britishy."

"It's Felix." I told her.

"That's what I said! Any way you can't have him."

"Who says?"

"I SAYS! YOU CANT HAVE HIM!" people stopped and stared at her and her Jennifer's.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"She snapped. Everyone turned back to their lockers and every once in a while sending glances our way.

"No."

"What?" she asked me. She was shocked.

"I said. No. I can date and kiss and be with whoever I want." I whipped my head and walked to my first class.

At third period, I got a text. My phone vibrated. The whole class turned to me as I scrambled to turn it off. I checked the text quickly.

Felix: Hi love. Meet by the steps after school. I have to ask you something :)

I put my phone back into my bag.

"Ms Costello. Is there a problem?" my teacher glared at me.

"No." I said. "Not at all," I smiled and got back to copying notes.