Chapter Seven

* Dakota's POV *

When the school bell rang for last period, I rushed out the door. I ran past my locker and Becky. I ran straight out the door. I got to fast and clumsily trip down the stairs, bumping right into Felix.

"Hi!" I said with a ton of energy.

"Hey jitter bug." He giggled. "So. I wanted to ask you something. My brother is in the college around here. There is a, what you Americans say, "frat party" with his dorm I guess." It was clear he had no clue what he was in for.

"So yea. I was wondering iffff..." He rolled out the syllables.

"I'll go with you!" I said, energetically.

"Oh. Dakota I don't want you to go. I was wondering if there was anyone that was cool enough." He said with a straight face.

My heart dropped. "Oh." I looked down and twiddled my thumbs.

"I'm kidding babe! Will you go with me?" He wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked up at his royal blue eyes enlarged by his glasses.

"Well. Fine," I said. We laughed and he kissed me.

Pulling away, he asked, "So does this mean we are like. Ya know. Dating?"

"I uh. I guess. Yea." We smiled.

I walked home quickly to get ready for the party. It started at 10. I texted my mom saying I would be studying and sleeping over a friends house. She said yes because I usually don't have friends and she was happy.

I fixed my makeup and my hair that got messed up in school. Just as I was headed downstairs to watch TV before I needed to leave, I got a text.

Felix: Hey. I just wanted to let you know that you can come over to my flat before we leave. Considering you don't know where the college is.

Dakota: Flat, newbie? Really?

Felix: Sorry. What is it called here? Apartment?

Dakota: Yep. Where is this "flat" you speak of? ;)

Felix: Harrison Apartments. Apartment number 317 :)

Dakota: Be there in ten.

Harrison apartments was 10 blocks away. I could drive but I don't have a car. I tie a flannel around my waist, grab 20 dollars and walked to the bus stop up the block. When I sit down, I see someone flip me off from the corner of my eye.

That was weird, I thought.

I turn on my phone while I wait for the bus.

Dakota: at the bus stop. Be there soon :)

I turn off my phone as the bus pulls up. I get in and sit all the way in the back near the window. The ride is bumpy. The bus had fabric grey seats. They were ripped up and old. I barely wanted to touch them. I took the flannel that I had tied around my waist and placed it on the chair. The bus stopped three times before it was my stop. The bus finally parked at the bus stop on the corner. I jog to the apartment.

"Who are you here for?"

Shit, I didn't know his last name.

"Can I just tell you the room? I don't have a last name. I have a first and a room number." I batted my eyelashes.

"I'll let you call up. First name?" The man at the front desk asked with a stern tone.

"Felix. I do not know if that's who owns it, but that's a resident of room 317," he called up and Felix buzzed me in.

I started towards the elevator, but remembered yesterday.

"Those pants make your thighs look fat," replayed in my brain.

I looked down at my legs, my thighs huge in my eyes. After that I started up the stairs. It was far, and I was tired, but it was worth it.

------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hi!! Taylor here. I'm ending this chapter here because tbh this chapter was really bad and it had a lot of useless stuff but I didn't wanna start over. I'll write another chapter today and prepare yourself for A LOT to come. Aha :) enjoy! ~Falling4fanfics