Meeting and Reuniting

After becoming acquainted, Blake and (Y/N) conversed during the ride. Normally, neither of them would be this talkative, let alone with someone they just met. Blake would've just continued reading to avoid conversations and (Y/N) wouldn't have said anything to begin with.

For Blake, something about (Y/N) made her want to talk to him. Maybe it was the fact he was a fellow Faunus. It could've been that his shyness reminded her of a childhood friend. Whatever it was, not even Blake herself knew.

On the other hand, (Y/N) had a few reasons for starting a conversation. The main reason was he had been instructed by his psychiatrist to start socializing with other people, but due to his subconscious tendencies of social inhibition, he had found this hard.

The two teens shared funny stories, their preferences, and other common things people tell each other when first meeting. Turns out they had a lot of things in common, such as reading tastes, their introverted-ness, and their fondness for quiet places. Of course, they weren't completely symmetrical.

That would be weird.

One of things Blake liked about (Y/N) was how soft-spoken he was, which was a stark contrast to the boisterous personalities some of the other boys possessed. That, and he hasn't tried flirting with her once, unlike a couple of other guys that did earlier. That was one of the reasons why she was looking for a new place to sit.

As for (Y/N), he liked how mellow Blake was, as well as the calm feeling she was emanating. He liked that she didn't ask any super personal questions, or rush anything and kept it slow. A few girls tried that while he was working at the pet shop. To say he felt uncomfortable would be an understatement. He would rather take a bomb to the face than be flirted with by a stranger.

"Blake, c-can I ask you a q-question?"

"Shoot."

"W-Why are you hiding your Faunus ears?" He asked, a little hesitant at first.

Blake's once calm look turned into one of confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

(Y/N) gulped as his heart rate sped up. "Your b-bow keeps twitching," he responded, pointing at it slightly.

Blake's eyes widened before she looked down as her bow fell flat. This frightened (Y/N), thinking he offended, or worse, saddened her. He quickly faced her and frantically put his hands up.

"I-I'm s-sorry! You don't have t-to anssssswer!"

"No it's fine." Blake looked up at (Y/N). He lowered his hands as they stared at each other, a deep blush covering his face. She sighed before reaching a hand up to the top of her head. Just as her hand touched her black bow, she stopped and looked at (Y/N) again.

"Promise you won't tell anybody?" Blake asked, trying to reassure herself.

(Y/N) raised his right hand and placed it over his heart. "Cross my heart and hope to d-die."

That's all Blake needed. She gripped her bow and pulled, the knot coming undone. As she held a black ribbon in her hand, a pair of black cat ears were visible on her head.

"L-Let me guess, hide th-them due to discrimination?" (Y/N) asked.

She nodded which (Y/N) sighed at, no longer blushing. "I can relate to that. After all, we're Faunus, some people only see us for WHAT we are and not WHO we are."