XXVI

"Hyemin, pick me up. I couldn't get a cab, I lost my wallet." Hyonhee said through the phone.

"I can't sis. Mom is used the car to the mall." her sister informed her. "Just pay the cab when you get here."

"Fine."

She had a hard time getting a cab. What is it with her losing her wallet? Although this time, Taehyung isn't there to retrieve it.

Hyonhee kept thinking of him since last night, after their kiss. Why did he kiss her? Why the hell does it feel like he means more than how he does right now?

"Kang Hyonhee?" a male voice disturbed her thoughts.

Hyonhee faced a man in his car, he put down the window from the driver's side. He had a smile of a sunshine.

Hyonhee looked at him, confused. Trying to recall who this man was. Maybe he was someone she met months ago in Seoul?

"Hyonhee, I'm Hoseok! Jung Hoseok, remember?" he said, when he saw her confused expression.

"Ah- yes." she lied so she wouldn't offend him. "How- how have you been?"

"I'm perfectly fine." he grinned at her. "Did you and Minsoo see each other already? How come she never told me you were back?"

Minsoo? Who the hell is Minsoo?

"Um no, we haven't yet." she tried to sound casual as possible.

"Well, I'm on my way to pick her up from volunteering in a prison. You wanna come and see her?" he offered.

Hyonhee had no memory of Hoseok nor Minsoo, but if it can help her recall her visit in Seoul around seven months ago, she'll take the risk.

"S-sure."

***

They finally arrived at the prison.

"Let's go in." Hoseok said.

They walked inside the building. Hyonhee was intimidated by the place, it was heavily guarded.

As she looked around, something flashed through her mind:

"Ouch! Oh my god, I'm really sorry."

"Nah, it's fine."

Her head felt like throbbing.

What was that?

She wandered her eyes around the place, trying to figure out that piece of memory.

But a police officer suddenly approached her. "Ms. Kang?"

"Uh- uh yes?" she faced him, slightly startled.

Why the freaking hell does a police officer in South Korea know her name? Is it possible she committed a crime in her last visit?

"How have you been?" he greeted her. "I'm Officer Park. It's been months since you last visited, I don't expect you to remember me"

Hyonhee stood there, trying to hide how confused she is. What was she doing inside a prison months ago?

"Ah, I'm sorry. It's been quite a long time. I have a bad memory also." she smiled at him. "I even forgot what I was doing here before."

"You don't remember?" He furrowed. "Well, you volunteered along with Ms. Jung. You even bailed a prisoner out." he told her.

'I did what? Why would I bail somebody out?'

"Um, who- who did I bail out?" she asked him.

"Wait, let me check the records." he made her wait, while he left to check.

Hoseok walked towards her. "Hey, let's wait a few more minutes. Minsoo is actually done already." he told her. "So how have you been Hyonhee?"

"I've been fine actually."

"How's your friend then?"

"Friend?"

"Yeah, the one that I met along with you in the party before." he tried to make her remember. "His name was... I think-"

He was cut short by Officer Park.

"Miss Kang, I saw the records already." he said. "You bailed out a twenty- two year old man. He was a member of a syndicate group."

"Oh okay, but what's the name?" she asked him impatiently.

"Ah yes yes." the officer smiled. "His name is Kim Taehyung."

She felt like her heart stopped. She was shocked at the mention of his name.

Kim Taehyung

She knew she heard that right.

"Uh, I need to go." she told Hoseok.

"Already? Why?"

"Uh- I forgot I had something important to do. Sorry" she excused.

"You want me to drive you?" Hoseok offered.

"Uh no." she declined. "But can you lend me money? I lost my wallet."

"Sure, You don't need to pay it back." he said as lend her the money.

"No, I'll pay you back. Thank you so much Hoseok." she said. "Say hi to Minsoo for me."

She left the building, and got a cab. She was still confused. She can't remember anything yet. Why the hell did she bail out Taehyung? They knew each other before? Why didn't he say anything?

"Where to, miss?" the driver asked.

She thought of the only place where she could relax her mind, and clear her head.