Fire Baaaad

Lewis had slept in, waking up to find Heather laying on her stomach on the bed, reading a book in the dim light. Miranda was watching a movie on the VCR, surprisingly not a porn, leaning back in her chair and playing with a piece of yarn. Lewis was all snuggled up in the comforter and blanket, feeling warm and safe under the soft weight.

She'd been woken up once by Heather crying out, soft wordless cries of pain that Miranda had gone over and soothed her until the purple eyed woman had gone back to sleep. But the two other women had warned her, so Lewis wasn't irritated by it. Lewis had hoped whatever was haunting Heather would ease up over the next few months, but feared that whatever was haunting her would take longer to heal than the shrapnel injuries.

Lewis looked over Heather, the shock of the muscular woman's nudity having worn off. Heather's back was entirely speckled with scabs, some tiny, others with a stitch or two in them. Lewis could see where her LBE had protected across the small of her back in a strip about two inches wide. Lewis figured that Heather must have been at least five meters from blast, maybe ten, by the density of the shrapnel wounds and the fact she hadn't been reduced to shredded meat.

"We got any plans for the day?" Heather suddenly asked, looking up from her book. She was propped up on her elbows.

Miranda looked away from the movie. "Sorry, what?"

"Any plans? We should probably include the new girl," Heather said.

"Get drunk, watch porn?" Miranda suggested.

"Tired of porn," Heather said.

"Blasphemer," Miranda laughed quietly. "We could go bug Ant into taking us to the club in Fulda."

"I like that," Heather said. "Get liquored up and dance."

"We'll wait for Lewis, hey, what do you think her first name is?" Miranda said.

"Paula," Heather guessed.

"Yvette," Miranda tried.

"Giselle, with a French accent," Heather snickered.

"Cocksmither," Miranda giggled.

"Fellatio-Queen," Heather laughed.

"It's Bobbi," Lewis said. Miranda's chair hit the floor and Heather rolled onto her side, one hand slipping under her pillow.

"Holy shit, you scared the fuck out of me," Miranda said, laughing. Heather slid her hand out from under her pillow, rolling back on her stomach.

"What's it short for?" Heather asked, folding her book after tucking the corner of the page in.

"Ugh, I hate it when people do that," Lewis said.

"What?" Stokes said, looking up from where she was lighting a cigarette.

"That. What she did," Lewis pointed at Heather.

"Oh," Heather shook her head. "You had a bit of a problem with nudity last night, I figured you didn't want me to get up and get my book mark."

"Is that all you do on your off time? Sit around the room naked watching porn?" Lewis asked, sitting up. She didn't bother holding the comforter over her. She'd be damned if she seemed like she was backing down or had any fear in front of these two women. If they were going to sit around without their tops on, then dammit, she would too.

Lewis did notice that the other women were sweating, despite the fact that Lewis felt slightly chilly.

"Sometimes we masturbate," Miranda said with a smile.