title of your story or chapter

Hi Guys!! I am back, thank God for summer. I missed wattpad soo much. I am sorry i havent been uploading, but i promise i am back and swinging. I want to say thanks to all my fans that have waited patiently for me...God bless you all. Here is the rest of the dinner scene.

______________________________________________________________________________________

                                                         ( Connor's POV)

 I couldn't help it, i burst out laughing. I looked at Abasi's face and his dark eyes held soo much anger, that i feared for Amanda's life. I took the cardigan from Abasi and hung it up. I turned around to see them still staring at each other.

    "Amanda, yes, i can see that he is black," i said, smirking at Abasi's seething face, " but he is my adopted brother, well i don't really like to use the word adopted, we are bothers!"  Basi smiled at me.

She nodded her head like she finally understood. " oh, ok. I get it now." she smiled at Abasi, though i could see the fakeness of it. He put his hands out for her to shake, but she looked at it and passed by him.  " Sorry, i don't really shake hands because of umm germs."

I stared after her in shock, she didn't mind shaking the hands of my other friends. Abasi, shook his head and swore in swahili," Wajinga msichana!" (foolish girl)

I laughed and followed Amanda. She didn't look happy to be here anymore. her blazing eyes turned on me, " Why didn't you tell me?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.

  "I didnt think it would matter."

" Well it does, you do know they probably just adopted you to get money right, and i can already see, just by looking at this house, that you have become their bank!" She said with disgust.

My eyes opened in shock, " You do not know what you are talking about! Ypu have no idea about my family so i suggest you shut up and act civil for once in your life!!" i said though clenched teeth.

she was about to say something when my mom came out of the kitchen. i was soo glad she came when she did becuase i don't think this dinner would have continued if she hadn't.

My mom was wearing her usual attire, a loose african dress that consisted of multiple colors and designs. She radiated beauty, i may not like African women but she and my sister are the only african women i consider beautiful. She squeezed me into a hug and kissed my cheek. i smiled and kissed her back.

 " kuwakaribisha mtoto." (Welcome my baby)

I laughed and thanked her, she always welcomed us kids  like we've been gone for years. I turned to Amanda who had a disgusted look on her face, i gave her a cold look, telling her to behave. I took my mother's hands in mine and said, " Mom, this is my girlfriend amanda." Amanda just continued staring at her, not making a move. i cleared my throat, hinting at her to do something.

i guess my mom saw the uncomfortable silence and decided to take the initiative. "hello my daughter, you are welcome to our house, it is nice to finally meet you" my mom stated, going to hug amanda.

Amanda side-stepped her, "sorry, germs," she stated, looking down at her nails," umm yes, it is nice to meet you."

I stared at her in shock, not believing that she actually did that. i looked at my mom apologetically.

She smiled at me, "well dinner is ready, we will be having a specialty from my country called ugali with chicken...'' Amanda interrupted her, " actually, i just got a txt from my manager saying i need to come in, i'm sorry i won't be staying. I would have really liked to try your ugly with chicken. bye maam."

She grabbed my arm and dragged me to a corner. ' are you trying to kill me? Did you hear what she was going to feed us? Con, i love you but i cant stay here, we can have a relatonship without seeing your family. We will be fine.'

I was too shocked to even say a word. " look, you can stay, but can i have your keys so i can leave?"  She didnt even wait for my answer,and began to search for my keys. After kissing me on the cheek, she ran out of the house as if dogs were chasing her.

I stared after in complete amusement. i felt a hand on my shoulder, " Do you think it was the ugali that scared her?" My mom asked with a knowing smile. I knew she meant to do that. i shook my head and followed her to the dinning room, " she is lucky i said chicken, instead of goat meat."