Storming The Castle

Ah Sanctuary. Living up to it's name, it provides shelter and safety to all those in need. At the entrance we see Preston, one of the last Minutemen, making his rounds around the neighborhood. However, today he was in search for a certain vault dweller. Today was the day they take the Minutemen to the next level.

Retaking the Castle.

Prestons p.o.v.

It wasn't hard to find the General around Sanctuary, just check the workstations every now and then. Or in this case, follow the loud music he keeps playing on his pip-boy. Walking down the streets, I see Mama Murphy in one of the buildings sitting in the chair that the General made for her. Up ahead of me, Jun and Marcy are going on one of their walks. I don't know where Sturges is hiding, and finally I found the General working on his T-45 while dancing in place to some music. On closer inspection, I see he is working on the chest piece.

"Uraaanium fever has done and got me down / Uraaanium fever is spreadin' all around-

Preston: General, a word?

(Y/n): If you have any suggestions, complaints, or requests please forward them to my receptionist.

Preston: Receptionist?

He raises an arm and points to the left without taking his focus away from the armor. Looking to the left, I see Dogmeat sitting in his doghouse wearing a pair of glasses. Over the doghouse is a sign with the word receptionist spelled incorrectly.

Preston: Okay... Actually, this is important. We can finally start to think about more than just survival. We've gotten big enough, that we are having trouble communicating with all our settlements. It's a good problem to have, and I have a solution. I think it's time to retake the Castle. It used to be the Minutemen HQ, way before my time. Well fortified, centrally located, and most important, it has a powerful radio transmitter we can use to broadcast to the whole Commonwealth.

He turns around slowly to face me with wide eyes, while reaching for his pip-boy to turn off the music.

(Y/n): Holy crap, you said something else other than a settlement needing my help. Who are you and what have you done with my favorite black man!?

Preston: Very funny.

(Y/n): Hmmm. You know, I always wanted my very own castle. Alright, I'm in!

Preston: Ha, I'd thought you'd like the idea! So, should I have an assault force assemble near the Castle?

(Y/n): You do that, I'll get my murder clothes on.

Preston: We'll do some recon, and meet you outside the Castle. See you there.

As the General heads over to his power armor, I notice something on his right hip.

Are those... tin cans?

(Y/n) p.o.v.

Ooooh, this is so exciting! Not only am I getting a castle, but I am also gonna take my armor out for a spin once again.

T-45c armor with VATS matrix overlay, hydraulic bracers, kinetic servos, and motion-assist servos. All with a nice green military paint job.

I insert a fusion core into the back port and turn the handle to open it all up to step inside. As the armor closes in around my body (that would be horrible with claustrophobia), I head out for the Castle.

(Y/n): Let's rock.

(Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) waxing his power armor)

Well, that little journey took long enough. After making my way down town, walking fast / kicking ass, I finally meet up with Preston at a small diner outside of the castle and the assault force. Which is just three... I'll need to have a good talk with Preston on what an actual assault force is.