Chapter 2 // Odds in favor

Shawn Mendes-7:30 A.M

Cameron fucking whatever his last name is.

I was still shocked that I actually saw him the other day. Today, I actually go to class for the first time. I'm honestly nervous, it's just like any other time but it's still a new school. I'm going to have to meet new people, try to get into the pace of things here. It's an experience that you can live over multiple times, but it is different each time.

Knowing me and my luck, I'll probably have a class with Cameron. I sigh, thinking about him. I'm nervous because he is another person that I shouldn't even try to make friends with since I'll probably end up moving again, but for some reason, I want to get to know him more.

I look over at my phone. Well, I guess its time to start getting ready then.

After I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and ate I headed out my house into my car. The anxiety started to get to me, new school. A new school means new faces, new drama, new fake friends. Hopefully, Cameron isn't a dick. That is if he even talks to me. I don't know why but I started to get sad at the fact that Cameron wouldn't talk to me, or interact with me. I really wanted to get to know him, which is strange.

It took me about 20 minutes to get to school, which isn't that bad considering how far it actually is from me, thank god for high ways. I didn't know where to park so I just parked in the parking lot somewhere. I didn't have a parking pass so I should probably figure that out, to the office.

When I arrived at the main office, I was greeted by the receptionist.

"Hello, how may I help you young man?" She asked, smiling at me.

"Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering if there was some sort of parking pass or something? I parked in the parking lot and I wanted to make sure I wouldn't get towed or anything." I tell her, making sure to sound as polite as possible.

"Oh yes, here you can fill this out. There is a fee for the parking pass. It is a one-time payment of 99 dollars, is that okay?" She asks me while handing me the paperwork to fill out. I smile and nod "Yes that's fine" I respond.

Once I finish filling out the information they needed, I hand it over along with the money. "Here you go."

"Thank you, now let me just go get the sticker you need for your car." She tells me as she gets up and goes to another room.

I was waiting for her to come back with my parking pass, I want to get this over with before getting my schedule and stuff. The lady comes back and hands me the parking pass.

"Okay, so you need to put this on the inside of your windshield on the driver side of it." She hands me the sticker and receipt. "Now is there anything else you need help with?" She asks politely.

"Oh yes, I am actually starting school today and I need my schedule please," I tell her while putting the receipt away.

"Ah yes, okay let me print that out and I need to get someone also. If you want you can go put that parking pass in your car now." She tells me. "Before you go, what is your full name?" She looks at me.

"Shawn Mendes" I reply, and she immediately starts typing into the system.

"Ah yes, here you are okay. So you go do that while I print this out and get everything ready." She tells me and then walks off to finish getting my stuff together.

I go outside to go put the sticker on my car.

When I get back into the office she is sitting down working on her computer. When she sees me she smiles again.

"So, here is everything you need to start the day off. Your schedule, ID card with your student ID on it, a map of the school, and all the important numbers and emails and names you need on hand in case anything happens." She finished and hands me the packet of all my things.

"The pink sheet is your schedule, you can take a look at that. We have a program here for new students and it includes getting a per-" She gets cut off by someone walking in and walking towards her. I couldn't see who it was because they were walking down a hallway I didn't have vision into. "Ah, there he is," she continues while signaling to him.

I wait for the person to come around the corner.

"Shawn, this is Cameron. He will be helping you around for the first week of school." She tells me. He walks around the corner and I see that familiar face of his.

Really... why out of EVERYONE THAT COULD POSSIBLY HELP ME, ITS HIM?!

He reaches out a hand and smiles "Hey, I'm Cameron."

I smile back at him and shake his hand. "Shawn," I say. I kept direct eye contact with him, seeing if he would have remembered me or not from the gas station, but he didn't say anything.

"Well, I guess I am your personal helper for the next week." He says, smiling and laughing a little. Why is he so perfect? He has to have some dark messed up secret. Like he cuts dolls heads off and collects them.

"Cool, but you really don't have to do that. I am fine by myself." I say, trying not to sound like an idiot.

"No, it is completely fine. I like helping out, plus I get to make a new friend." He tells me, why is he so nice... seriously it is scaring me.

"Well, alright then, I guess I can't say no to that," I say laughing which causes him to laugh. This boy is really perfect and looks better in person than in pictures.

He starts to walk into the hallway he came from, so I follow.

"Well go around the school so I can show you where everything is, and then we can look at your schedule." He tells me. I just nod in agreement.

"First up, Courtyard," he says leading the way. What a goofball. This should be interesting.

10:43 a.m

We finished the tour of the school, which was actually pretty nice. The school is massive and has a lot of things for everyone. I kind of like it so far. I usually don't like any of the schools I attend.

"Okay, so now that you have seen most of our school, time for your classes." He looks at me, waiting for me to give him the schedule.

"Oh yeah," I quickly open the folder to find the pastel pink sheet. "Here you go," I say as I pass it to him. He examines it carefully, looking at it for a couple minutes. Why is he taking so long to look at it? Suddenly a smile spreads across his face, and he laughs.

"What?" I say laughing.

"Well... believe it or not, but we actually have every class together." He looks up at me, he looks genuinely happy. Why does he look so happy about it, he doesn't even know me. As I stare at him, I realize. I'm actually happy about this too, something about him just makes me want to be his friend.

I smile back at him, looking at his smile is just so contagious. "Looks like we are going to be seeing a lot of each other huh?" I say as I cross my arms.

"Guess the odds are in our favor."