The Birthday

This story is written by sapphirexblues!!! And edited by me lol. Follow her!!! when she told me about this idea of hers i was trying so hard not to cry

The Weasley family surrounded the table, where George was sitting in a chair. There was an empty chair beside him, and no one touched it. Molly came out of the kitchen, carrying a large birthday cake. It was the same size as it had been years ago, no bigger, definitely no smaller. It was placed on the table, in the middle of the two chairs. There were 42 candles, 21 on each half.

"Make a wish, dear," said Molly softly. "I- I- I can't," he said, voice breaking, "not without him."

The family looked at him with sad eyes. Just then -

A gust of wind blew from the open window into the house, perfectly blowing out 21 of the candles on the side of the cake closer to the empty chair.

I'm still here Georgie, I'll never truly leave you, you're always a part of me. Now blow out your candles and celebrate our birthday. I'll always be in your heart and that's all that matters. You'll never be alone. I love you, little twin brother. Happy birthday.

The gust of wind blew the opposite direction, and the house was in pin drop silence. "D-did that j-just ha-hap-p-pen?" Ron stuttered, an expression of utmost shock on all of their faces. "Yes it did," George replied, with a soft smile, staring at the cake. He blew out the 21 remaining lit candles with one breath, just like his brother did.

"Happy birthday, Freddie."