Baby Steps

Steve and Tony had explained to you the big plan. Telling you that they would try their hardest to keep you away from Furry.

Later that day you met the rest of the group, or, also known as the Avengers.

So far you stuck close to Bucky, not wanting to be far from him. And he stayed close to you, as he knew what it felt like to be thrown into a whole new world. Not understanding what was going on around you, or not knowing what all these foreign objects were.

Tony had told you that your room would be right next to Bucky's (for the couple of months that you were staying).

After a long day, you were laying in your bed. (You had just finished eating) It was so soft, and so nice. You rolled over a couple of times, and then star-fished out. A small smile on your lips. You were wearing cacti pj pants and a plain black shirt with the phrase "plant queen". Tony had given you the pjs and promised that he would take you clothes shopping soon.

You were so grateful for everyone's kind actions. You'd never imagine that you'd leave the lab, never in your wildest dreams would you have thought.

Your room was plain, but that didn't matter, you knew you weren't going to stay long. And then you frowned, you turned over to one side, for some reason you didn't want to leave these people.

You knew you were already getting attached, a nasty habit you picked up in the lab. You'd get attached to little things, like the food they served or certain Doctors who would give you small smiles. Though for the Doctors you'd always be attached for a small period of time as they would always end up hurting you, physically, in the end.

Then your mind wondered to Bucky, you'd become quite attached to him. You still didn't know why you got so attached- You shrugged it off and got under the blankets, you needed sleep. You drowned out your thoughts and drifted off.

-the following morning-

You woke up to someone shaking you, you panicked and sat up fast, hitting the other person on accident.

"Morning." You recognize him before your eyes could even focus on him.

"M-morning." You said, rubbing your eyes. Bucky took in your appearance, your hair was messy and the bags under your eyes looked better. You had markings all along your arms from the blankets.

"Come on, breakfast is ready." Bucky said in a soft tone. You nodded your head and got up, following Bucky into the kitchen. Your nose smelled all the wonderful food before you saw it. You knew Steve had made most of the food, his cooking skills were the best.

(A/N: head-cannon that Steve can cook really good)

You yawned once more and stretched slightly.

"Hello sweetheart, I hope you slept well." You nodded at Tony, the tinniest smile on your lips.

"Soft...bed." Was all you managed to say. Tony chuckled and patted your head. You sat down at the table next to Bucky and Sam. You made sure you memorized all their names, for they were letting you stay with them. Though, Tony did stress that he was the one who made the tower possible.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when Steve put a plate of food in front of you. You had learned the other day that the light brown edible disks were called 'pancakes'. And that the strips of pig were called 'bacon'. You already knew what eggs were, as you would eat them at the lab. They weren't as tasty as Steve's though.

You ate your food happily and quietly, a cup of 'coffee' was placed next to you. Tony explained that the whole tower relied on it, and you wanted to try it. You thanked Tony with a nodded and a smile. All eyes were on you as you tried the 'coffee'. You sipped the warm sweet liquid. And before you knew it the coffee was gone.

"How is it?" Sam asked.

"Good." You said with a surprised look, you didn't think it would taste so good. Tony laughed slightly, a proud smile on his face.

"Want more?" He asked taking your cup. You nodded you head. The rest of group nodded their head and continued eating, as Tony fixed you up another cup of coffee.

-

After you were done eating Tony sent you and Bucky clothes shopping. Tony said that Bucky was the least recognizable Avenger, as no one knew what he looked like (as long as he covered up his arm).

Tony had given you some money and off you went with Bucky. You pinched the sleeve of his black sweater, keeping close to him, but also looking around. You were in a city called 'New York', though there was no 'Old York', and that made no sense.

While shopping you heard some people talking about this 'super hero' called 'spider-man'. You were a bit intrigued, however, you were pulled from your thoughts when Bucky stop in front of a shop. It read 'Boba Time', he looked down at you and smiled, walking inside. You followed behind him, glancing around. There were people drink weirdly color liquid with little black balls on the bottom of their cup.

"Two milk coffees with boba please." Bucky said to the lady at the counter.

"Two this time? Thirsty are we James?" She laughed slightly. You looked at her, confused.

"James?" The lady at the counter glanced over to you, and gasped slightly. You were hugging Bucky's arm, she began to glare at you, which confused you even more. Bucky looked down at you again, a soft smile present on his face. The lady at the counter scoffed. Bucky paid her and you both waited.

"Bucky..." -You began softly- "... who...who...is...J-James?" You were confused as to why the lady called him 'James' and not 'Bucky'. Bucky seemed to cringe at the mention of the name.

"It's my birth name, but I don't really like being called 'James'." He said.

"Oh..." You nodded, satisfied with his answer. Your 'milk coffee' was ready and Bucky went to go get it. He handed you yours and waited for you to try it. You glanced up at him and then down at the cup with coffee and black balls or also known as 'boba'.

You put your lips to the yellow tube and drank it. The boba was chewy and you enjoyed it, especially with the coffee. Your eyes lit up and you nodded your head. Bucky slipped on his boba as well and you both made your way back to the tower.

Day one was a success.