4

I got to the island surprisingly quick. The rain had turned into a full blown storm now. I went straight for the secret place and crawled along to our little cave.
"Sora!" I said completely relieved. Sora looked back to me surprised and his eyes red from...crying?
"Sora why were you here? I was worried sick about you!" I said. He looked taken aback and some tears fell down his cheeks. " What's wrong?" I asked upset at seeing him like this. He looked away and his shoulder heaved as he cried more. I without thinking rushed over and hugged him. He was reluctant to let me do so. It hurt me a bit but soon he pulled me closer crying into my chest. I cradled him close to me. I shushed him and rubbed his back comfortingly. " Don't cry Sora." I said. He nodded and furiously wiped his eyes. "Now please tell me. What's wrong?" I asked. He pulled away and shook his head.
"Why won't you tell me?" I asked. Some tears fell down his face as he looked at our old cave drawings. His hand touched one in particular that made me surprised since it looked so new. "Did you do this one?" I asked. He nodded. It was a cave drawing of me and him. He was giving me a papou. That's when realization hit me. A papou was something you didn't give to just anyone. It was a show of everlasting love that bound two people together. If it were shared. I blushed. "Sora did you plan on ever telling me?" I asked. He shook his head and gave me a sad pathetic look. I hated that look. I hated that Sora kept this from me!