Child of Hades EXCERPT

The series is called the "Child Of" series. As you may have guessed, each book is of a different god;

1. Child of Zeus
2. Child of Hades (replacing Hera for obvious reasons)
3. Child of Poseidon
4. Child of Demeter
5. Child of Ares
6. Child of Athena
7. Child of Apollo
8. Hunter of Artemis
9. Child of Hephaestus
10. Child of Aphrodite
11. Child of Hermes
12. Child of Dionysus

(Bolded titles are books already written)

In every book, YOU are the main character, the demigod, the hero. Alongside your satyr (or sometimes not), you will fight your way to Camp Half-Blood approximately sixty-one years after the timeline in TOA. Being a demigod is hard, and with different parents come different challenges you need to overcome. (Note that this book is set two years before Child of Zeus. Also note you do not need to have read Child of Zeus to understand anything in this story.)

These books WILL TAKE TIME TO WRITE! This could span over the next few years. Now, enjoy the excerpt. The full book will be posted soon.

EXCERPT:

I crossed to the ever-glowing fire pit in the centre of the cabins in the U of the Omega. I enjoyed the way it moved, the warmth and light it provided in the night, and I moved on. It sounded like a flock of birds was moving in the sky above me. I made my way past cabins one and two, which looked like twin mausoleums, and I headed towards the glittering of the ocean.

In all of this madness, I couldn't wrap my hands around the waves being so calm, so peaceful. The moon cast a silver glow above the water as it ascended higher into the sky. The closer I got, the colder the air turned as water gently lapped against the sand. The birds overhead got louder as I stepped onto the beach.

"Camper out of bed!" Something screeched. "Dinner for hungry harpies!" I looked up. Instead of birds, I came face to face with what looked like a hybrid between a dodo bird and a woman. Her rust-coloured wings ran the length of her arms, her flapping was persistent and loud. Where her hands should have been were large talons, her hair was as brown as the rest of her was, her eyes blacker than cabin thirteen. Her legs looked like they belonged to a chicken, scales replaced the feathers that wound their way around her slimy body. Above her, descending at a slower rate, were two of the very same things.

I screamed bloody murder when the first one landed in front of me, opening her mouth wide enough to show me her pearly white fangs. She reached a sharp talon out, and I shut my eyes, tight.

"Away." A voice said with such certainty my first thought was that it must be Chiron. But the voice was far too young to be the immortal horse man, and the boy standing in front of me wasn't any part horse. I watched the harpies recoil as if dazed, they flapped their wings and were off without giving me a second glance.

"Who are you?" I asked immediately, throwing my arms out. "How did you do-"

The boy stumbled back into my outstretched arms, and gently I lowered him to a laying position. "Whoa," I muttered, resting his head on my knees like some sort of very uncomfortable pillow. The moonlight hit his face just right for me to recognize him.