Rivals (Part V)

What did I do this time?

Keegan frowned as he entered the school building, and walking to his first class of the day, he had noticed that everyone suddenly became quiet upon seeing him. They started whispering and staring, some were even pointing.

He entered his first class to experience the same thing. He looked back to Rain, who stood behind him and he looked just as confused as Keegan felt. Rain shrugged his shoulders motioned for the smaller boy to walk to his seat.

Alone, he walked to his seat at the back of Mr. Bronson's class, while he was pointed at and he was one hundred percent sure that the whispering was about him especially since he heard his name whispered by some students in passing.

If they were trying to whisper, they weren't doing a very good job.

His gaze found Tyson's, but the dominant quickly broke eye contact and he had to admit, that gesture hurt a lot. He wondered if after what happened yesterday, if Tyson would still want to be his friend. He didn't have many; except for Damian and Zach whom he rarely saw.

Who am I kidding? There's no way he'd want to be friends.

He had tried calling Tyson when he got home yesterday but he got no response, not even to his messages. It was foolish of him to try and naïve to believe that Tyson would still want to be friends after pouring out his feelings and facing rejection.

Keegan glanced to the person who was seated at Tyson's side. Chastity wore a smirk as her gaze followed Keegan to his seat. Once he was seated, she spun around with a flip of her hair.

Keegan frowned at this. Is she gloating?

He watched in agony throughout the period as Chastity flirted with Tyson and he knew she was deliberately doing it because every few seconds, she would look back at him, a smirk on her face; one he desperately wanted to smack.

But the more he watched, the more he realized her flirting was rendered futile because Tyson bore no reaction other than the usual smile which was half-assed in addition to his half-assed responses that lacked humour and heart.

When the class was over, Keegan took note of how quickly Tyson made his exit being one of the first students out. He high-tailed out of there as though hell hounds were bounding after him. He scowled as Chastity made her exit as well, hot on Tyson's heels but he noticed the agitated expression on his face, as though he were holding back from giving Chastity a tongue lashing.

Keegan would not blame him if he wanted to curse the bitch to hell but Tyson ignoring him hurt way worse than watching Chastity tail the dominant as if he were hers and hers alone.

The whispers, pointing and staring accompanied the smaller boy to his locker, and he paid it no mind because he really did not feel like dealing with a bunch of idiots when his heart hurt so much. Shifting his gaze from his open locker door to a few lockers down on his right across the hall, he saw Tyson standing at his own locker with Shawn at his side. Tyson said nothing, but Shawn was speaking.

And the Hale beta noticed the smaller boy's gaze. He said something to Tyson and motioned his head in Keegan's direction to which the other boy looked up. Tyson met Keegan's gaze over the heads of students, but his face was blank.

Still, Keegan tried. He smiled a tight lip smile, raising a hand and offering a small wave in greeting. His gaze fell as tears pricked the back of his eyes when Tyson stoically turned back to Shawn and slammed his locker door shut.

Tyson wanted nothing to do with Keegan Stroup.

Not when he was rejected.

Faced with unimaginable humiliation at confessing his feelings and then being turned down.