Book 2 Chapter 17

Kayla's Pov

"Three days!?!?!" I yelled. I held my stomach, feeling sick. Three days ago i was locked in a dark room and forced to meditate, but after an hour in the room, i didn't remember anything. 

"My baby is such a strong girl~" my mom sang, handing be a slice of bread. I stared at her ridiculously.  "I've been starved for three days and you feed me bread?" I asked, and she shoved it in my mouth.

Chewing the bread, i tasted blood, which made me hungrier than before. "Im gonna throw up..." i gagged, running to the sink. "Eat. it'll make you feel better." Mother said, taking a bite out of her own sandwich. She slid a plate full of slices over to the space i was sitting in. "I want real blood, from a living person." i said, picking up a slice and biting into it "You can't always get what you want.". I took another, then another, until my my hunger subsided and i actually started tasting the bread. "You ate an entire loaf. are you still hungry?" Mother asked, sipping coffee. "How come you're drinking coffee? Normally you drink hot chocolate or sum." I said, drinking from a glass of water. She just closed her eyes and took another sip. 

"Julia." The kitchen door opened and that strange boy came out with the wolf pup i saw three days ago. "This pup here is hungry." He said, holding his hand and walking up to us. mother got up and went into the kitchen, taking out the nutella and some leftover cheese past she made. "Mom, who is this creep?"  tried to whisper, and she laughed when he gave me the "Bruh" look. "My name is Iven. I'm Ivy's older brother." He said, taking the nutella sandwich from my mother. "But you...wait what are you."  

The door opened again, and this time Malik came in. "You're finally back." He said, coming up and hugging me. "Awwe, your happy to see me?" I said, giggling. He cupped my cheek and kissed my lips. "Ahem." my mother coughed, and he pulled away hesitantly. "Oh, um...sorry ma-am." He said, looking away from me. "You're finally back to yourself...." I smiled. 

He looked at me confused until the wolf pup spoke. "I've seen yo before mistah." said the boy, being too young to pronounce each word properly. "You where there..." I looked at Malik, confused for a bit. "And so was that girl...." the little boy had gone pale. "Oh...you're still alive.." Omisha said, walking into the room. "Yall got to stop doing that." mom said, taking another bite of her sandwich. 

"Malik...what is she.." "Lock her up." He cut me off, standing in front of me. "What?" "Lock her up." My dad and several guards walked in. They surrounded her. "Of all the times to get caught...during her training." Omisha sighed, putting her hands up. "She is my master. I shouldn't leave her side." He said again. I was as confused as all of you reading this book. 

"Mom, what the hell is going on?!" I asked, standing up. 

"I have a story to tell you....not one you'll like." She said, walking out of the kitchen. the guards took hold of Omisha and dragged her out of the kitchen. Before she could get fully out of sight, she smirked evilly at Malik. "Soon loverboy! Soon!" She laughed. 

"Close your eyes....take deep breaths....close your eyes...UHRG! This isn't getting me anywhere!" I yelled, covering my  head with a pillow. I sat in Malik's room, trying to do the thing i did before i slipped into that coma or whatever five days ago. 

'When i was born, my father mixed magic to make me seem...normal...without my mother knowing. i was born with silvery hair and burning red eyes.'

I pictured what my mother said to me the day before. 

'My grandfather, Lord Jason, planned to make me his successor. I was secretly taken to the underworld on every full, blue and red moon. Sometimes i'd randomly go missing for hours on my own and only my father would know.'

I felt my mother's pain inside of me. Her anger too.

'I always thought i was a werewolf...but it turned out i was actually a demon who could turn into a wolf. I nearly killed some children at the age of 5, so my mother sought help.

A friend of theirs, a witch, spoke with my father in secret, and created a spell strong enough to seal my powers. My grandfather wasn't happy.'

"This child shall live alone, her only allies being the ones who belong here." He said on the day that he found out. So that's what i did, you're Aunt Maria and Uncle Gene being my only friends.'

Malik sat across from me, silently watching me. He nodded and i closed my eyes, following the rest of the story. 

'A voice inside of me, told me this was where i belonged. Then i met your father.'