Ten

Ten

One Week Later

Cam's POV

I've finished three exams and have only two left to go, well one after this morning; anyway Kirsten asked me to come over to her and Sam's after sitting my exam this morning and so I'm on my way there now.

I walked to the house and knocked as I walked in, I wasn't big on waiting.

"Come in to the lounge and grab a seat." Kirsten said as she came around the corner. I followed her into the lounge, shocked to see Mum already sitting down with Sam.

"Hi babe." Mum said as I walked in.

"Hi?" I replied slightly confused.

"Here you go." Kirsten said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." I replied.

Sam, Kirsten, Mum and I all sat in an awkward silence until I broke it.

"So, should I ask why I'm here...or are we going to just sit here?" I asked.

"We wanted to talk to you about something but we don't want to upset you." Sam said.

"I'll try my best but you are really freaking me out, so can you tell me what this is all about?" I asked.

"What's this?" I asked as Kirsten handed me a large envelope which was already opened.

"Cam, Mason wanted you to have your dream of going to NYU and studying architecture and interior design; he applied for you because he knew as long as you two were together that you wouldn't apply." Kirsten told me.

"And inside that envelope is an acceptance letter, not only offering you a placement in the University but a full scholarship for your entire degree which includes your own fully furnished apartment." Sam added.

"Also, we want you to be able to explore New York for a few days so you are going to New York before you go to LA; we've booked your flights and hotel, so you'll be leaving in a weeks time." Kirsten finished.

"A week?" I asked shocked

"Yes and then you'll go to LA and spend summer there." Mum told me.

"We know this is a lot to process but it is an amazing opportunity for you Cam." Sam told me.

"I agree it is, I'm just surprised. I mean I had no idea that Mason had applied for me." I replied.

"He didn't want to say anything until he knew for sure." Kirsten replied.

"I don't mean to be rude, but is it alright if I go, I need to process this." I said.

"Of course honey." Kirsten told me.

"Thanks. I'll see you at home Mum." I replied picking up my bag and putting the envelope in before I walked out.

***

I left Sam and Kirsten's and walked to Tash's and knocked on the door.

"Hi Mrs Young, is Tash in?" I asked as she opened the door.

"Sure Cam, she's in her room just go in." Mrs Young replied letting me in.

"Thank you." I said before I walked towards Tash's room.

I knocked on the door and heard Tash yell 'Come in". I opened the door, walked in, and shut the door behind me.

"Hey Cam." Tash said as she was lying on the floor.

"Hey, should I ask why you're on the floor or..." I trailed off.

"It's comfortable, what's up?" Tash replied.

"I need to talk, I just got some news." I told Tash as I sat on the couch.

"What's going on?" Tash asked sitting up.

I pulled the envelope out of my bag and handed it to her. She looked at me strangely before opening it, she pulled out the letter and started reading.

"This is amazing Cam." Tash said getting up and hugging me.

"I didn't even know you applied, I mean when did you?" Tash asked as she let go of me and sat next to me.

"I didn't. Mason did." I replied.

"Wow, you have to go. I mean it's your dream school Cam." Tash said as she handed me back the envelope which I put back in my bag.

"It means I leave in a week though." I stated.

"At the end of the day, you need to decide what is best for you Cam; but you need to make sure you're doing it for yourself, not just because Mason wanted you too. I think we need to have a girls night in." Tash told me as I agreed.

Comment and vote :0