Murderer's P.O.V

It's been four days since I began my dark career, and after three murders, many parents are pulling their children out of school. I'm staying here. My parents won't be coming. I don't have parents to come get me. My parents are dead. I believe the teachers are telling everyone to lock their doors every night-the fools! They still haven't worked out that I have no use for the doors!

As for me, I've grown to embrace my 'job'. Now I'm more confident and ruthless-I hardly doubt myself anymore! After my first self-set mission, I've collected better equipment like gloves and a handy belt. Whilst killing Lisa (my second kill), it turned out I'd left a glove-print and people came up with these rumours that it was the murderer's 'sign'! Since then, I did it on purpose-it's such a childish game yet I get such satisfaction from it!

What's more, some of the younger classes came up with a name for me: Crimson Killer. I actually don't mind that. If anything, I like that idea.

Tonight I was planning to kill the Mean-Queen of fourth-form: Jasmine. Once again, I slipped unnoticed out of my dorm window and traced the old brick walls with my fingertips. At the top I realised their window was already open; easier for me then, I guess. Seriously: is everyone else stupid? Even if it clearly doesn't stop me, there's still a chance of slowing me down or hearing the noise the window would make. Or do they agree with the teachers that I enter via the doors?

In the room, I headed over to the closest bed: Jasmine's. Once I was at the foot of the bed, I went to reach for my knife, except I noticed something: Jasmine wasn't there...

Where is she? I thought. She couldn't be up at this time of night! Suddenly I heard a creak outside, in the doorway. There was a loud CLICK! as the door was unlocked. She'd gone to the bathroom.

Instinctively, I dropped-quietly-to the floor and rolled under her bed. It was rather dusty, but at this particular time and place, it was the least of my worries. Then a second CLICK! sounded from the door. From the shadows, I watched as two slippered feet padded over to the window before I heard the window being shut and the curtains drawn. Then the feet came towards me, and I ducked further back, nearer the wall. I listened as she figure paused and placed something (a cup perhaps?) on her small bedside table; next she sat on her bed, which squeaked under her weight, and kicked off her slippers.

When I was one hundred percent sure Jasmine had rolled over (so that she was facing the wall) I crawled out from my hiding spot and peeked at her positioning from the head of the bed. She was clearly still wide awake, but I didn't panic. I noticed that the object she had placed down had been a glass of water, so I quickly dropped in the sleeping pill I still had from when I was really ill a few years ago. Then I returned to my place under the bed.

About five minutes later, Jasmine had finished her drink and was snoring. Loudly. I crawled back out from under the wooden bed and grabbed my knife...