1.

Linong walked along the pavement kicking and tossing every stone that came in his way. He was really bored because he had nothing to do than to just stroll around his neighborhood searching for amusements in the nearby locality. It was the last week of his summer break which meant that his school would re-open soon and he would miss his evening walks with his best friend Zhu Zhengting. Linong had taken a liking in the other for some time now. They met in Kindergarten and since then, developed a deep bond with each other. He would usually coo over their sweet memories dating back to when they were five, sharing choco pies and a bottle of strawberry milk every day at lunch.

But it was not until his early High school when he realized he was madly in love with Zhengting. Linong was popular among his friends and would always make heads turn. He was friendly, cheerful, cute, and the type of boy everybody wanted to be friends with. His charming aura would make any boy fall for him, but the problem was - he was stuck. His feelings were all scattered around the childhood memories he made along with Zhengting. Every time Zhengting smiled at him, his heart would skip a beat followed by the million-dollar smile which would take over his soft facial fractures.

He had completed his summer projects and tasks and would be back to his daily school life now. He was sad about not being able to spend some more time with Zhengting or even hold his hands for some more time. But, he was happy because he would get to share the age-old lunch ritual with his favorite type of person. 8 billion people in this world but Linong found Zhengting the most beautiful, the kindest and the best person out of them all. 

Zhengting treasured Linong. To him, Linong was the person he would never want to lose. Though his feelings were not the same towards the other, he would always care for his cute little sunshine. Bring him everything he needed - from the little gifts to the little back hugs. People were jealous of them and oh! how they wanted Linong to smile at them and hug them just like he did to Zhengting. 

The morning after the next day, he was all set for school. Zhengting said that he would pick him up from his house and have a nice walk together. He stood up from his bad and stuffed his pink hoodie in his bag in case the temperature fell down during the evening library shift. Zhengting would lend Linong his jacket earning a warm smile and a tinge of peachy pink on his cheek. He tough that it was too cute for a boy to blush at every single thing but what he never knew was that behind every smile and every bit of his happiness was Zhengting's little gestures. 

As he left his house heading towards the bus stop to meet Zhengting, he felt his phone buzz. It was a message from Zhengting which made Linong smile almost involuntarily.

"Be fast cutie, My legs are hurting. But I know that waiting for you is actually worth it. *wink*"

When he reached the bus stop Zhengting engulfed him in a tight hug. "I need to tell you something." He blurted out. "But first let's go to school." He added smiling at Linong's cute reaction.

******

Word Count: 648.
Hope you liked it~ Please vote and comment!!