CHAPTER 3: Part 2

"Hey, how are you?" 

Cheery. Joyful. That was by no mistake, Dick's voice. Scowling from under the blanket, Jason wondered why he even bother to answer the phone in the first place. 

"What-" a yawn, "-do you want, Dick?" 

Be civil. 

"Nothing~". 

Oh here we goes again. 

"Another case? What is it this time?" Jason got up from his bed and headed straight to the bedroom. Grabbing the toothbrush and wondering why the hell Tim's favourite toothpaste, the one that he hate so much was there in his cupboard. "Yeah, another one," this one was less cheery and more like a whining. 

"You know, it wasn't that bad to get out of the town once in a while," squeezing the toothpaste, he scowled and making a mental note to buy another flavour, this one's suck. 

He heard Dick sighing through the speaker, sounds a little far away. His guess was he also was getting ready to start his day. Or packing. Dick hate leaving to anywhere but the manor lately. 

Not lately. Not really. 

"You sure you don't mind, Jay? This is already the third time in this month." 

"Huh? No, I'm fine. I've gotten used to Blud and there's less psychos over there so I'm cool with that. Is Tim with me or-"

"Nope. Timmy's with the Titans. Staying there since last Friday. But he gave me a call last night saying he's going straight to you after he's done with them." 

Jason hummed as reply. 

"Anything else?"

Silence. 

"Jason," 

Don't say it, Dick. 

"It's been..."

Don't you dare. 

"...two yea-" 

DAMN IT, DICK! 

He hung up on Dick. Again.