CHAPTER 6

POV: third person
Bludhaven nights, like Gotham were cold for most of the year, even in summer. So, the warm temperature that the small apartment offered was something that Jason would never rejected. He sat on the worn black couch that also occupied by a black and white ragdoll.

The apartment was small, a 1LDK but it was cozy and honey. The pictures on the wall and blankets by the couch, also the small potted plants littering the windowsill made the small living space so full of life. It's warm, the only word that Jason think fitted the place.

A mug steaming hot with hot chocolate was suddenly pushed into his hand. "Thanks," Jason said, eyeing the boy who invited him inside his home. Honestly, what was he thinking, inviting a drug lord into your home. Your supposedly save haven. Didn't parents teach kids not to trust stranger? Maybe not. Considering this kid did approach him first. What a useless parent that this kid have. The. Most. Useless. Parent. On. Earth. Poor kid.

"So, wanna start answering my question, short stack?"

The teen's eye twitch at the nickname. Jason smirked. Good, you do have an emotion. I thought that poker face is permanent.

Jason took a sip from the Green lantern theme mug, the hint of spice in the hot chocolate made him hummed in appreciation. God, this shit's taste amazing. A knock on the coffee table bring Jason's attention back to the boy who's sitting crossed leg on the couch opposite of him. The boy handed him a small notebook. On the note book, in a beautiful cursive hand writing, wrote something that Jason swore he would never forgot his entirely second life.

You smell.

"YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME YOU LITTLE SHIT?!" Jason slammed the half full mug on the table. Fuck this kid, his parents didn't teach him shit!

Jason was ready to start screaming when the notebook was again trusted millimeters away from his nose.

You smell like fire. Too strong. I can smell you coming near my window. Why?

Jason eyed the kid, what kind of nose that you got? You smell fire? Do fire even have smell? Kid's weird.

Instead of questioning the boy on his 'smell', Jason opted to asked something else. "Did I scare you?"

This time instead of writing his answer, the boy gave him the tiniest nod. "Why are you scared?" Jason asked again.

The boy shrugged.

"What's your name, kid."

Little fingers wrapped around the black gel pen, gliding elegantly on the cheap white paper of the notebook, before coming to an abrupt stop. Then a little hesitantly started moving again, albeit with a little less grace.

The boy stared at the pages containing few little words that he just wrote before flipping the note book so the letters were facing Jason. He didn't hand the notebook to Jason, instead holding them close to his chest.

My name is Eli.

Jason stared at the name. Eyes boring hard into the three letters, heart heavy and his throat felt more like sand papers. He swallowed a couple times then moved his eyes to read the sentences below.

But the other me have a different name.

Jason didn't let his mind start working. Didn't let them start hoping. Honestly since before the boy even came to him, he knew, he's right. He got this far. He couldn't be wrong. Luck was on his side when the boy weird ability to smell him was what made him curious, and curiosity was what brought the kid to him. It killed him to pretend like he didn't know him. To pretend to be surprised. He wanted to hold him, the person he's spend the last three years searching. If he could afford to make fun of the situation, he would start with nomeenating himself for Oscar.

Jason huffed then he glanced down a line.

His heart thumpting in his chest, echoing in his ears. He held his breath.

Do you want to know his too?

Jason looked up and nodded.

The kid flipped the notebook again and after writing down the answer to his one question, the notebook was again on display for Jason's eyes.

Damian.

Jason grinned.

Kid's not so lost after all.

***

Frantic fingers slamming the keyboard keys with no mercy. Red eyes glaring dagger into the bright illuminating screen, words upon words upon words appeared and disappeared behind one another faster than the eyes can blink.

I got to find the magician. I got to find the magician. I got to find the magician.

Frantic mind chanting the desire and desperation for answers. One that's he sure would never leave his mind unless he was able to get the answer.

What did you showed to me. A dream? I need to know. An illusion? Don't messed with my head. A memory? Why did you showed me him. The future? Please, I need to know!

Please.

Let me see him.

Please.

My little brother.

Author's note___
+ I'm thinking of rewriting this story but I don't have the luxury to do so. I'm sorry for abandoning this story for so long. If I got the time to spent on this story I'll get them rewrite so that the chapter won't be so difference and seems displace from each other like right now. I'll update short chapter once in a while. I'm sorry again and thank you for still waiting for the new chapters. I appreciate it.