2*

Hayley's Point Of View

I made my way to my first class, Science, feeling every students stare on me.

I trembled on my way to my plastic seat, chewing on the last of my nails as I went. Squeezing through the tight spaces that other students purposely leave for me to get through so I struggle. I held my breath until I silently sat down, still shaking. With two rapidly shaking hands, I picked out my books and pens for the lesson and fake smiled to the teacher to carry on.

The teacher had been going on about global warming and to be honest, I had zoned out all lesson, until I felt a poke on my shoulder.
"Hey, is it alright if I sit next to you?" A shy boy asked, scratching his head.

I was confused, as there were many other places in the classroom to sit other than next to me. It was probably just a group of guys trying to make fun of me. I nodded my head in reply.

"I'm Alex, by the way" he spoke, giving out his hand for me to shake.

I smiled awkwardly and shook his hand politely. He smiled back which made it easier to see his facial features, he had chocolate brown eyes which engulfs you in their warmth and makes you feel at home, his hair was a dirty blonde which was rather long and covered some of his face, his nose was small and cute, he had stubble but just around his mouth, and when he smiled you could see how perfect his facial features went together, and his perfect white teeth of course.

"What's your name?" He asked me, I didn't realise I was staring.

"Hayley" I responded shyly

"Cute name" Alex stated

"Thanks" i awkwardly laughed, which ended our conversation. The bell for the next lesson rang a few minutes after.

I shuffled through the corridor to my next lesson. I heard my name being called from behind, I looked back still walking and tripped over something that sent me flying across the corridor face first into a wall.

"Watch where you're going, freak" Stacey spat at me, eyeing me up and down with an angered expression.

"S-sorry" I let out, shaking. Social anxiety doesn't help at all with these moments. It just makes me want to lock myself up in the school toilets all day.

Stacey laughed in my face, and then slapped my face, as loud as a gunshot, hard enough to leave a red mark. Under my eye had instantly started bleeding from where her ring caught. Then she strolled away.

****

After a long day of stares and glares, I made my way to the school bus home. I sat down on my usual seat at the back and stuck my earphones in, well until Alex showed up.

"Sorry to bother you again, but there's no seats anywhere else, may I?" Alex asked, pointing to the seat next to me.
I nodded in return, gesturing to the seat.

"What are you listening too?" He asked to start conversation.

"Bring Me The Horizon" I answered

"Cool, I like their old music" he replied

I nodded my head, which ended the very short conversation.

The bus came to my bus stop, in the most boring town in Baltimore. I climbed off the bus and Alex followed, I assumed he would walk the opposite direction as me, so I gave him a polite wave to say goodbye, he waved back with a big smile.

I turned around and started walking, to hear footsteps behind me, Alex was also walking this way. We didn't say anything though, it felt like the longest walk in existence. Finally I got to my house, without looking at Alex.I went in and rushed to my bedroom trying to avoid my father.

Vote and comment ❤️