c l o s u r e

jeongguk's head lifts itself up again as soon he hears the bells of the café's doors ringing,
before lowering it back down again when he realizes that it isn't yerim.
fifteen minutes, and the girl hasn't arrived
and there is no text from her either.

he won't be surprised if she decides not to turn up,
because honestly, which girl will turn
up to meet her ex after
he cheated on her with one of her friends?
nobody.

"sorry that i'm late. the traffic was pretty
heavy," a familiar voice which he hasn't hear for months break his train of thoughts as he glances up swiftly just to see yerim, pulling the chair out as she takes a seat opposite of him.
"did i make you wait for long?" she asks,
raising an eyebrow along the way.

jeongguk then breaks into a small smile, shaking his head while silently thankful that she agrees to meet him despite their nasty past.
"no, not really. i'm glad to see you here. i was
wondering whether you decided to
not turn up, which i won't be surprised either,"
he replies, handing her the menu.
"do you want your usual latté?"

he still remembers how she loves to order a cup of iced latte, with cream on top, and when he arrived, he is considering to order for her one,
but what if she doesn't want it?

"oh, nope. i don't really fancy it. i am going with a cup of raspberry iced tea," yerim replies, sliding the menu back to the centre of the table
before waving one of the waitress over. she then gives her order, before casually leaning back against the chair as she stares at jeongguk, who is slightly surprised.

"do i have something on my face?" she raises an eyebrow, while looking at him, who has been staring at her for quite a few seconds.
jeongguk then shakes his head, gesturing towards his usual cup of chocolate, "no. i'm just surprised that you don't drink latté anymore. i still
remember how it is your favorite when we were together."

"oh. well, that's true but my taste buds have changed, wanting some sweet instead. i guess yong has affected me," she laughs, her eyes curving upwards at the mention of her boyfriend, who did not tagged along.

jeongguk then cracks a smile, a little surprised by her sudden change in drinks, because he remembers trying to get her to develop a love for chocolate drink, but failing miserably.
she's changed, and that's good,
he tells himself, looking at her and the way she smiles at the thought of her boyfriend.

"oh, where's taeyong?" he asks, sipping his drink
while looking at her with curiosity. he remembers in inviting him along just in case, and he thought that the male will tag along but turns out, he didn't.

"he didn't want to come," yerim replies, placing her purse on her lap while shrugging her shoulders, "he says something about it is our relationship to
solve and he doesn't want to
intrude into something so personal. no worries,
he's cool with it so you don't have to
worry about him chasing after you."

and it's true. yerim did asked her boyfriend the previous night when they were cuddling in his room, with a movie screening and the male insists clearly that he 'will only fetch her after she's done' and that he has no right to step in between the duo, just because he's her boyfriend.
it isn't his closure.

jeongguk nods his head slowly, realizing that taeyong trusts yerim a lot and that the latter isn't going to break that trust.

"right, but to start off, i just want to apologize for whatever i have done to you," he begins, leaning against his elbow as he looks at her, while recalling his nasty action he has done as her boyfriend.
"i was in the wrong, and i'm really sorry for hurting you and making you cry so many times," he continues, apologizing for something that can never be repaired.
he is sure his actions have caused certain sort of scars on her, and jeongguk feels terrible for placing yerim under such hurt.
no matter what, he still loves her and will always do, since she has been his first and the most supportive half he can ever have.