Chapter 5

Summer POV

"Can I please make my own lightsaber now?" I pleaded to Kylo, gently taking his arm.

"Soon. I promise."

"That's what you keep saying." I twirled the necklace in my fingers. "I have the crystal, why don't you let me build one?"

He didn't immediately answer. "I just want to make sure you have the proper skills before handling a dangerous weapon."

"Don't you trust me?"

"That's not it at all," Kylo corrected, glancing up at me from his datapad. He was  sitting on his throne, which made it odd for me to be looking down on him, but he was no less gorgeous. Literally no bad angles. Just more fluff because of the hair.

"Then what is it?" I somewhat whined, hating to be told "no" so much.

He stood up from his throne and took my hands in his. "A lightsaber will kill you if you mishandle it...I don't want to see you hurt yourself."

I could see he did care, he wasn't trying to spite me out of a lightsaber. He is trying to protect me, but that's something he can't do forever.

"I need to learn how to wield one," I replied. "A baton is one thing. A lightsaber is another. You know that Kylo. They're totally not the same."

His brown eyes stared at me. "I saw the way you used mine..." His gaze trailed down to the floor. "You are so gifted, Summer."

I felt my cheeks heat up. It was a rarity he compliments, if ever (it's just his character) so it really made me feel good.

"Kylo...that means a lot," I said, smiling up at him. "I am trying hard to make you proud."

"I am already proud of you," he replied softly. 

His large hand gently cupped my face, bringing it to his and passionately kissing me. One thing I've noticed is his huge change of attitude every since the "elevator broke down". He's not like this all the time, he is still Kylo Ren, but when this side shows I just adore him.

"Look, if it means that much to you...if you really want a lightsaber that badly..." Kylo spoke once our lips parted.

"Are you serious?" I nearly squealed.

He nodded, sighing. "I guess you can-"

I hugged him tight. "Thank you Kylo!"

"Okay, okay, I see you're happy." He kindly pushed me off. We're still working on the hugging part. Slow progress. "But it won't be for probably a week. I have a lot to get done here first."

"It's fine, I'm just happy you agreed," I beamed, smiling. "You won't regret this."

He smiled back, but it looked more forced. "I hope so."

*  *  *  *  *  *

A dark tunnel...perhaps a cavern? Beautiful shining lights- no not lights, crystals -sparkled as I strolled through this new area. The path I chose never seemed to end, but I seemed drawn to follow it. I felt an attraction, like a magnetic pull, perhaps from the Force, that brought me here to this strange place. I have no recollection of getting here but I know this is where I must be.

One of the crystals seemed to glow brighter than the rest, drawing me towards it. I admired the jewel and carefully pulled it free from the rock it was lodged in. I have no idea how that was possible but then again none of this made sense.