chapter 4

Contains spoilers for my other Vikings book "Selcouth"

Evelyn's eyes snapped open and a gasped left her lips. Her brows knit together in confusion and her eyes gaze around the room she was in. Evelyn had come to the conclusion that she was in some type of log cabin. Her body was merged into the dozen of blankets and furs, she pressed her finger tips gently over the fabric when she caught sight of the bruise forming around her wrists. She had thought at first that maybe this was all a dream, but it had not.

Evelyn shook with fear at the sound of the door opening, her gaze landing on a man walking toward her. He didn't look like any normal man where she was from and this frighten her even more. His blonde hair was pulled back into a braid in the center of his head and the sides where shaved completely off, but his blue eyes sent a somewhat comfort in her mind.

"Do you understand me?" His was voice low while he kneeled in front of Evelyn. His eyes taking in her strange appearance.

Evelyn nodded, but her attention was caught else where as she heard the sounds of metal clanging and loud talking. The male seemed to notice her attention her was no longer on him but the window mere feet beside him. "You're in Kattegat." He told, moving to the window "My brother had found you just outside the boarder, on a near farm."

"You murdered those people!" She swore, her gaze turning into a glare.

"They insulted my brother." He turned on his feet, amused grin play on his lips. "You're not from here, where are you from?"

Evelyn knitted her brows together in utter confusion, why was he asking such a question? And why was his accent so different? But suddenly reality finally dawned on her. She wasn't in Seattle anymore. Evelyn's breath hitched in her throat, not only was she no where close to Seattle it hardly looked like she was in the 21st century anymore. Evelyn scrambled her mind trying her hardest to gather all that she remembered before she had blacked out but nothing came to.

"I need some air." Evelyn breathed, the air inside her lungs suddenly felt like it was weighing her down. She couldn't be any where else other than Seattle, right? Things like falling through time just don't happen, right?

The blonde man threw his hands up and motioned to the door as if to say 'there's the door'. Evelyn didn't waste not a second to jump from the bed and storm outside. She praying that this was a joke, that as soon as she opened this wooden door that nothing but Seattle was outside. She was wrong. She was so very wrong, and so very fucked.

Evelyn looks around her surroundings. Her eyes nearly popping from her skull. How in the hell did this happen? She was asking herself but the clang of metal against metal roared in her ears, she jumped back nearly into the arms of the blonde man who was now beside her. Evelyn turned to face him, suddenly realizing she was now breathing heavily. She tried to control her breathing.