CHAPTER 10

Thanks for the votes, @Animebay-san! ^^

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN UTA NO PRINCE SAMA. I only own the plot.

CHAPTER 10

A few days later...

Deciding to disregard Tokiya's decision to not give away the culprits' identities, Masato and Otoya did not waste time to inform it to the teachers so that they would come down on them. Their assertion gave a big help to the recording from CCTV since they could spot three-suspicious looking students around the guard shack (probably to steal the keys so that they could lock Tokiya up) and after gathering ample amount of witness' statements, those three attackers were meant to be punished.

Yet, the most trying part was to make them owning up to the grounds of their assault.

"For the last time, you guys... Don't waste our time and spit it out already!" Hyuga Ryuya ultimately snapped at the trio. Normally, everybody would be daunted, enough by his infamous glares and buff frame but this time around, he even needed to go as far as bellowing at them.

And yet...

Toru, a son of a single mother still put on an infuriatingly poker face all the time. His black eyes wandered around the principal's room as if Shining Saotome and Hyuga Ryuya were not even there.

His friend, Rei, was staring at Hyuga daringly. His expression seemingly pestered the teacher to punish them as soon as possible if that would make him satisfied.

And the last one was Gai who according to Tokiya, was C class's the most top-notch student when it comes to acting. But, now only Hyuga knew that Tokiya was right. Evidently, Gai was adroit enough to provoke the teacher or Saotome so that they would jump down his throat by smirking the whole time

These were the faces that no teachers had ever thought that one day, they would be charged for attacking a student. Previously, they never defied any academy's rules, let alone to act like some thugs who would beat others for spice.

"You guys have shown the bad example to other students because when you are being tight-lipped like this, it showed that you guys didn't have any motive to attack Ichinose. Is that true? Is it that hilarious to mess him up until he had to be absent from school? Is it that amusing to ruin somebody's future by attacking his throat when you guys know that he needs his voice the most? And yet, he still forgave you and the fact that you guys are here is not because he told on you guys. Somebody did apparently. He even pitied you guys because he is aware of your family background."

This time, they showed a slightly shocked expression which Hyuga was convinced that they were somehow remorseful for their offence.

Yet, that was not enough to make them talked.

Outside of the principal's room, Otoya was eavesdropping intently as he tried to digest the interrogation but it did not sound clear enough.

"Why the hell didn't they say anything?" He muttered impatiently.

"Oto-kun!"

Otoya flinched as Ringo's stern voice hit his ears. He turned around, feeling slightly nervous to see the teacher's reaction.

"Are you trying to eavesdrop on them?" Much to his surprise, Ringo just smiled benevolently at him.

"Well, I..." Seeing the soft look on the beautiful face, Otoya felt more at ease to share what he thought with Ringo. "Yes, I am. Since they beat my brother..."

"Yeah, I understand. It must be hard to see your family in that kind of state when he did nothing wrong," Ringo supplied as he held a few files closer to his chest. "But, so far, they did not want to confess why they did that to Tokiya-chan. It seemed they were made to be tight-lipped about it."