SERVAMP2 | One

My name is Akihiko Todomatsu, 16 years old. I love easy things. I hate bothersome things. That's why I pick him up.

•°O•°o•°O•°o•°O

I was eight years old, sitting infront of my parents funeral pictures, sobbing silently. All my aunts and uncles were busy discussing about who's gonna take me in. After a long chit chat, my grandpa came and pat my head. I turned my head around with my teary eyes.

"Thinking wisely, it's gotta be me" he smiled. Everyone gasp and said that he couldn't take care of me since he's old and just send me to the orphanage.

My grandpa disagreed and soon take me to his place which is in a deep forest on the mountain. My grandpa is a hunter he lived on the mountain hunting any kinds of animals. Everyday, after hunting, he would go to the city to sell what he caught. He got a huge amount of money everyday and save it until the time comes.

8 years later, I was helping my grandpa cutting woods and hunt animals. It was a summer school break. I was amazed at how grandpa can still work and had a lot of energy. Maybe the plants in the forest gave him some kind of medication that made him strong.

I went into the forest to hunt while my grandpa chopped the logs. I've been training since I was a little about shooting and already got used to it. When I was walking around the forest, I heard rattle sound behind a bush. I went to it slowly and peek behind it.

To my surprised, I saw a wolf cub. It has black and grey fur, kinda look ordinary cause from all the wolfs that I killed I've never seen one like this. It look at me in the eyes with it's black eyes. I aim the shotgun at it and took a deep breath. The cub didn't run or growl, it just keep staring at me and I stare it back. We both keep staring for a while until I let the gun down. The cub look down and I follow it gaze.

I saw the cub's feet was bleeding and I hurriedly pick the cub up then ran back to grandpa's house. As soon I got there, I rushed into the kitchen and open the cabinet where the first-aid-kit was.

I put the cub down on the table and slowly took it's right leg. I start to put alcohol on the wound so that it wouldn't get infected. The cub groan and close it's eyes to restrain the pain. I can see it teeth gritted together.

"It's gonna be alright... just a little more" I said, letting the cub calmed down a little. I put a band aid around it and start to tie it. I carry the cub and smile "You're finish. You're a brave wolf for a cub" I said, snuggling it nose closer to mine "Ah! I have something that might suit you. I found it in the forest while I was hunting maybe someone drop it or something" I went to a box near the fridge and start to rummage something in it.

After a long searching, I finally found it. It's a red colar that I've found on the ground. It has a metal thing in the middle. I put the colar around the wolf's neck and click the end. It looks perfect on the wolf. I carry it up and start naming it "Rei".

I didn't know that keeping him around would put my life in danger until the next day.

•°O•°o•°O•°o•°O

After I carved his name on the metal thing, I put the colar back around his neck. I got a permission from grandpa that I can keep him. To my surprised it's a male wolf. Grandpa told me when he check his gender. I wonder why he is so small, medium small. Like I could actually squeeze him with my two hands although he's kinda a little big for my hand, just 2-3 inch big.

I pack up my things and got ready to go home before afternoon. I lived alone now, I started when I entered High School. I live in a nice apartment where my grandpa rent for me. I don't want him to pay the monthly rent but he insist. If there is something he already decide there's no way anyone could change his mind. I told him when I got a job he will stop paying the monthly rent and he agree to it.