Chapter 3

{Picture of Lola in Media}

Kendra's POV~

I was feeling very lonely at the moment, just watching the houses go by through the window of the taxi. I had been thinking about what it would be like to live in this house with people I don't know. What would the high school be like? Would I make friends here or will they all be scared to talk to me?

Back in my old high school in California, people were too scared to even look at me. Mostly because if they did then I would glare at them. I didn't really have many friends because of my bad attitude towards people. They also thought that all I did was smoke, drink, and go out to parties. which was true, but I wasn't exactly a terrible person.

After a while I realized that the taxi driver had already stopped the car and was waiting for me to get out. I quickly handed him a few bills and got out carrying my bag over my shoulder. The taxi sped off behind me.

I sighed and looked up at the house in front of me. It was very modern looking and somewhat peaceful from the outside. I hope that these next six and a half months would go by fast.

***

I was so wrong. As soon as I had rung the doorbell, I heard screaming and heavy footsteps running down some stairs.

"Lola, get the fucking door!" my eyes widened as someone yelled from inside.

"Get it yourself, you're closer!" another girlier voice shouted back.

I rolled my eyes and huffed, crossing my arms together and leaning on one foot. Great, they have kids here.

The door flung open and I can face to face with an emo looking girl. She had dark red hair that made her crystal blue eyes stand out more, and about six piercings on each ear and a nose ring. She wore all black with the exception on white socks. Which was weird, who even wears white socks anymore?

"Can I help you?" she asked rudely with one eyebrow raised.

Once I noticed her tone, the mean girl inside me took charge. "I'm looking for laura, so either you move and go find her or ill go find her myself." I said challengingly.

"I'm laura." she said with a yawn. The brunette girl behind her scoffed but emo girl ignored her. "Now what do you want?" she continued as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Fucking great." I muttered to myself. Was I seriously supposed to say here for half a year?! No freaking way.

Apparently she heard me swear at her so she began to yell at me. "Listen bitch, I don't appreciate-!" she started but was interrupted when an older woman came in.

"Girls, what is with all the yelling?" she said walking towards us. By then I saw two other identical girls pushing each other down the stairs and calling each other names.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. This house is a disaster and I've only been here for about five minutes. Why was I sent here again?

"Enough!" the woman yelled and everyone quieted down. I stood there with an amused look. "Meeting room, now." She ordered and the girls quickly walked into a room next to the kitchen.

I stood there awkwardly for a moment an looked around. There was a big staircase that led up to a second floor and the furniture in the living room was very old fashioned. Also, some expensive looking vases were put up in each corner of the room. No doubt those would be shattered soon. Not by me of course.

"Sorry about them." the lady smiled apologetically. "They can be a handful sometimes."

I scoffed, she thought they were a handful. That was nothing. Wait until she deals with me. I smirked as an idea popped into my head. Maybe if I acted out badly towards everyone here, I could get kicked out if this place. Or maybe I could just run away, that works too.