chapter two: ayomi's burden

the day after the party...

@thegoldenmolar: Congratulations, you're literate! Fuck you.

the house was trashed as red cups, liquor bottles, and food was found throughout the house. large bags of trash were piled in the kitchen as everyone cleaned up. donald was still in his room and he hadn't cleaned it in at all in weeks. piles of cd's and records were out of place, condom wrappers, and even some gummy edibles which were starting to melt on his computer desk.

donald heard three knocks on his window as he rolled over he saw a female figure through the blinds. he got up quickly trying to tidy his room up somewhat throwing piles of clothes and trash under his bed. thinking that it was the same girl from last night and maybe she forgot something that she had left.

as he opened the door ayomi stood there with a box of unknown items. donald looked confused as to why she would be at his house, they hadn't seen each other after their huge fight which resulted in naomi storming out and breaking up with him.

"you're such a fucking kid donald! grow the fuck up." ayomi yelled at him, her cheeks began to turn red.
donald just sat there, taking in everything she said. he seemed to do that a lot and she noticed, all ayomi wanted him to do was show that he cared.

"uh come in..." donald uttered in a low voice, scratching the back of his head.

"that won't be needed i just wanted to give you back the shit you left at my house." she dropped the box to his feet and walked away. he watched as she walked back to her car he noticed someone else was in the drivers seat. sliding the box into his room with his foot he flopped onto the bean chair and started to open the box.

donald and ayomi weren't always like that, they actually did care for each other. once high school sweethearts became strangers in only a matter of months. ayomi knew that donald wasn't the same after his mom died, she tried to stay there for him and stick through it. instead donald turned to drugs, alcohol, and partying instead. he began to pull out all of the miscellaneous items that all held memories to them. apart of donald didn't want this to end but he knew that naomi deserved better. eventually he pulled out everything and at the bottom there was a note.

he began to read:

dear donald,

these past months just haven't been the same between us i know the loss of your mom has taken a toll on you and even me but you just aren't the same anymore. i love you and i still do but you have to find yourself before you can come back to me and when you do eventually it will be to late. the donald i loved was sweet, funny, and caring. i feel horrible leaving you at a bad state because if anything did happen to you i would blame myself for not being there.

you know i'm horrible at expressing my feelings into words but i do love you and i always will but i love myself way to much to let you be a burden on my life.

love ayomi.

after reading the note he did not how or what to feel. he filled the box back up and placed the now folded not into the box. grabbing it he walked over to the fire pit and dumped everything they ever had into it. grabbing the lighter from the side table beside the pit he lit the food on fire. sitting down on the pavement he watched as him and naomi burned into ashes. donald thought to himself and asked did he really love ayomi? if he really loved her would he have burned everything they had?

"aye don i just saw ayomi leave 15 minutes ago.. y'all good?" steve asked, he came to check on donald when he noticed the fire.

donald got up and nodded, "she just brought back everything i ever bought her."

"damn..  bro." he patted donald on the back and they walked back to the house.