Force

L e s t r i o n

Sabine walked down the ramp, Ahsoka following behind. She saw the scrapper waiting for them, an alien species she didn't recognize. 

"Rogmi?" Ahsoka question, and the scrapper nodded.

"Thanks for coming," he said.

"No, thank you," Sabine put a smile on her face. "For contacting us about Ezra."

"I have the information right here," Rogmi held up a chip. "As soon as we're out of here, you can see it."

"Then lets get moving," Sabine waved him towards the ship. The sooner she could find out what he knew about Ezra, the better.

Ahsoka led the scrapper into the ship, Sabine closing the ramp behind them. She settled into the pilot's chair and started up the ship.

Rogmi was fidgeting in the back by Ahsoka. Sabine wondered why he was so eager to get off this planet, although after thinking about it, it made sense. This place was unstable, any time the Empire could come back and take it.

The ship took off, leaving the scrapping planet behind. Sabine turned around. "Alright, now Ezra."

Rogmi held out his hand, and Ahsoka took the data chip from him. She plugged it into her datapad. 

"They don't mention your friend by name," Rogmi started, and Sabine almost opened her mouth to release her anger. "But they do mention force sensitivity."

Sabine stopped short. Ahsoka finished pulling up the information and sucked in a breath.

"This is about an Imperial prison. According to the logs, its holding two Force sensitive prisoners," the Togruta murmured.

Sabine felt her heart skip a beat. This was closest they had gotten to Ezra. But...

"Two?" she frowned. "If one of them's Ezra..."

"Then who's the other?" Ahsoka echoed.

*

L i r a  S a n

"Uncle Zeb!" Jacen plopped down into his chair at the table. Zeb set down the plates of space waffles and ruffled his hair.

"What's up, kid?" the Lasat took his seat at the table and so did Alexsandr.

"Alexsandr said you knew about wolves!" Jacen took a big bite of a waffle. Zeb raised an eyebrow.

"Why're you curious about wolves?" his uncle glanced at Alexsandr.

"Um... because I had a dream about one?" Jacen chewed his waffle. "It was weird. It was saying my name and then I saw a bunch of stuff." he swallowed his food.

"You what?" Zeb whirled to look at him.

"I had a dream about one," Jacen repeated, ripping another piece of waffle off and stuffing it in his mouth. "It was big 'n white."

Zeb and Alexsandr exchanged another glance Jacen didn't miss. He frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Ezra saw a wolf like that too," Zeb mumbled.

"Ezra? Who's Ezra?" Jacen finished his waffle and looked at Uncle Zeb.

"He hasn't been to Lothal since he was little, so how could he know?" Alexsandr asked. Jacen glared, annoyed that they were ignoring him.

"Hey!" he called. "I'm right here!"

"What did you see in your dream, besides the wolf?" Zeb turned his attention back to him.

"Uh, there was someone in a cell," Jacen frowned. "Some people were fighting. Oh, there was mom's ship! And some girl pointing a gun at someone. I dunno. Why'sit matter?"

"Kanan and Ezra used to have visions," Zeb mumbled. "Maybe the kid's having one too."

"My dad?" Jacen frowned. Nobody talked much about his father and much was left to his imagination. All he knew was that his father had died in the effort to save Lothal.

"If he saw a Loth Wolf..." Alexsandr trailed off.

"Uncle Zeb! Alexsandr!" Jacen cried, exasperated. "What's going on?"

"Well..." Zeb shifted awkwardly. "Hera didn't want us to talk about it..."

"But if he saw something," Alexsandr started.

"If I saw what?" Jacen stood up on his chair.

"How'd you like to take a trip to Lothal?" Zeb looked at him.

"Lothal?" Jacen forgot his exasperation and beamed. "Sure! What for?"

"Just a hunch," Zeb mumbled. 

"Awesome! Bye Lira San! No offense, Lira San," Jacen quickly added, glancing at Uncle Zeb, who rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, love the enthusiasm, kid," he chuckled. "Alright. Lothal it is."

"I'll make the arrangements," Alexsandr stood up. Jacen twitched anxiously. He wanted to know what was going on that made his uncle and sort of uncle so nervous and what it had to do with Lothal.

*

t h e  O u t e r  R i m

"I'm pleased to inform you that you are free," Kalar stood on the bridge of his ship, his newly freed prisoner next to him.

"And what does that make me, then?" yellow eyes flickered.

"I'd like to work with you," Kalar began. "The Empire you fought against is gone. It has crumbled."

His companion started in surprise. Kalar hid a smile, his eyes glancing at Adali, who stood silently in the back of the room.

"If you join forces with me, we will unite the scattered remnants and crush the unstable New Republic. With a Force sensitive on our side, the Empire can rise to a new glory," Kalar folded his arms.

"Work with you? Don't make me laugh," and suddenly his companion lunged at him, hands aimed for his throat.

Someone stopped him from behind, holding a katana against his neck. "I wouldn't do that," General Lyz Satori purred, her two intact Lekku swaying. 

His Togruta bodyguard and general was always two steps ahead of anybody, even himself. Kalar allowed his smile to show on his face.

"We freed you for a reason, and it wasn't to kill you," Kalar began as Lyz stepped back. "You won't be powerless in this arrangement, in fact its quite the contrary. As the ruling Sith Lord, the galaxy would be open to anything you want."

"I'm no Sith Lord." he snarled softly.

"Then what would that make you?"

He was silent for a moment before replying. "The new Grand Inquisitor."