|01|

Last reminder that this was written when i was 12.

______________________________________

01.

"'Ey Minho, Teresa," Thomas greeted half-heartedly, sliding in his best friends car, tossing his school bag on the empty seat next to him while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Did you do the history homework?" Theresa asked, turning in her seat to look at him, her textbook already in her lap and a pencil in her hand.

When he nodded she added with a wide smile, "Great! I'll need to borrow it," Thomas grunted rolling his eyes and replying "Last time you borrowed it we were sent to the principals office,"

"I promise it's the last time. My dog pissed on it," she whined reaching out with her hand.

"Unnecessary information," added Minho while stopping on a red light. Thomas grumbled under his breath and started rummaging through his bag.

When he finally found his homework he handed it to Teresa, keeping a scowl on his face. She quickly thanked him, completly oblivious to the glare he kept fixated on her face, and thrusted it in her bag. "Don't worry, you'll get it back by 4th period,"

♢♢♢

The lunch break was almost over, and Thomas was this close to strangling Teresa. He grumbled profanities while walking towards the classroom where she was supposed to have her next period. He just leaned against the wall and waited for his will-be-late-to-my-funeral-too friend.

While he was there, mindlessly looking around at students going by, he noticed some blonde boy sitting by the lockers. He was drawing something in, what he assumed, was his notebook. As he neared the boy he recognized him as that guy from his Chemistry class. Newt. He is always late to chemistry classes and seems pretty clumsy, often tripping over his own feet and stammering through his sentences. Thomas found it very endearing and amusing. Newt was absolutely adorable.

Now he tovered over him and looked at what was he drawing. It seemed to be drawn in a graffiti style. With all those weird letters, all different shapes and sizes, and also by that sketch of a wall that Thomas assumed he will get back to later.

WCKD, it said. Even though our Thomas was literally breathing down his neck, blondie didn't notice, he didn't seem fazed at all. And then Thomas understood why. He was wearing headphones, swaying his head little at the beat while lip syncing. Thomas lightly tapped his shoulder after calling his name three times failed, and the other one jumped up in suprise. When he jumped up he let out a little squeak of suprise and Thomas had to hold in the Chesire cat grin that was about to break out on his face at his adorableness.

He then cleared his throat, "Hey didn't mean to scare you or anything but you're a pretty good drawer,"

When Newt regained control over his breathing he breathly stuttered, "U - Uh, yea.. Than - ks,".

Just then the warning bell rang. Newt then picked up his notebook and Thomas lifted his bag. "Thanks ag - ain," he rushed out, voice cracking as he shyly took the bag while blushing and avoiding eye contact, causing Thomas to grin widely at him.

"Tom!" someone called. Teresa. She ran over to them. When she reached them she bent over and thrusted Thomas' homework in his hands. Only now she noticed the blonde. "Oh hey Newt," He shyly waved and they both went to their class.

He sighed when he saw that Teresa crumbled his homework a little. He lowly growled when bell ringed again signaling that he was late to his class. He then stomped over towards his next class hoping he won't get another detention.

♢♢♢

"Half of the things that they teach are useless, guess what, I don't care and will never use seventy percent of this in my life," hissed Teresa shuting her locker and walking over to Minho and Thomas, "Oh and math, it's the worst. I don't get the point in math, it's... just plainly pointless,"

"It's not completely useless. In a few years when you'll go to some restaurant you'll need to leave the tip. And how will you know if you left too small or too big," said Minho shifting his lacrosse bag over his shoulder while glancing at his dark haired friend.

"You stayin' for the practice?" Thomas asked glancing at her. She shook her head, "No, gotta help mom. Something about her job. But hey good luck!" she said as they came to where they part. Teresa skipped out of the school and Minho and Thomas went to the boys locker room.

♢♢♢

"Hey Thomas, you see that blonde on the benches?" Thomas glanced at the direction Scott nodded at. There he saw Newt sitting at the bench. And yes, yes he was staring at Thomas, but when Thomas glanced at him, Newt's eyes widened and he quickly ducked his head down while blusing furiously.

Thomas glanced back at Scott, "Yea what about him?" Scott chuckled and nudged him, "Hasn't taken his eyes off you since the practice started," Thomas looked at Newt's direction again and blonde was staring back. Thomas smiled a little, and totally forgot about the practice game that was happening around him.

Seems that, that few seconds was enough for him to fly few meters away after some dude crashed in him.

A whistle blew "Again!"

×××

"And so I was thinking that instead of - ",

"Fuck!" cussed Thomas. "What now you shank?" asked Minho. "I forgot my keys," Thomas said "Wait by the car and please don't leave without me. I'll be fast," he flew away before Minho could say anything.

He quickly opened his locker and started frantically searching for the keys. When he found them he let a quick sigh of relief and kissed them. Don't ask why.

Just as he was about to leave he heard a bang and doors flew open. He quickly hid from their view. He peeked a little and saw what he recognized as Gally and his minions pining someone against the wall.

Thomas had to stop himself from gasping out loud as he recognized the guy that they were pining. Newt. Thomas just stood there, frozen, like a coward as he watched them mocking him. Then Gally let him go and punched him straight in the face. Thomas stood still as a statue, it was as if someone was forcing him to stay still. But he wanted to move, he wanted it so badly.

When Newt was on the floor Gally kicked him in the stomach with his foot about three more times before he walked out, but not before spitting at the blonde. Even though it was over Thomas was still frozen. And frozen like that, he just watched the blonde slowly and painfully get up and walk away clutching his stomach.

And as if the spell that was cast over him broke and he slowly slided to the floor. He hit the back of his head against the lockers. He fucking froze and didn't help him. Now he understood why did blonde look so sad every time he saw him. He knew he had to do something, but the question was what?

And as Thomas was known for his terrible plans, he soon came up with another one. Then he jumped up, all energy returning to his body, and ran away.

______________________________________