|05|

05.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6... Newt counted inwardly watching the clock on the wall opposite of him. He tapped his pencil against his notebook and even thought he knew Danny, dude that sat next to him, was annoyed by the tapping he still countinued.

He'll have to ask someone to borrow him a textbook because he didn't take a single note during the class when only thing on his mind was that bloody letter in his locker.

Then the bell rang. Everyone packed their stuff and went out, Newt being one of them. He had a free period now because the teacher got sick, and they couldn't find the substitute in time.

That class was only class he had with Brenda and Thomas this day. The rest of the week he would at least have two classes with Thomas, except for Tuesday when he had none. With Brenda every day he had at least lunch. He put his books back at his locker as a light blush settled over his cheeks seeing the red envelop.

He smiled slightly and closed the locker shut. He then face palmed himself remembering that he had forgot to take out his money, which is still in the locker, which he had closed. He sighed and opened his locker, took the money out and closed the locker.

Then he went to find Brenda.

When he did she was talking to his cousin, Sonya. They greeted each other and then she left the two of them. "So... The Mary's?" Newt asked, Brenda nodded and they walked out of the school.

The Mary's was the old coffee shop, it's older then his mother and she's thirty-nine. It started with serving only coffee but soon started with coke, tea, hot chocolate and later started serving breakfast and lunch. Newt couldn't describe it like anything other then delicious.

×××

Newt now had a lunch break, along with Brenda and Sonya. They were talking about lacrosse match that was about a week away between Beacon Hills high school and Devenford Prep. These two schools have been rivals for over a decade, almost every match was even, though there were rare times when one of the schools won.

That reminded him of last year, when his school won, the final score reached by none other then Thomas Stilinski. He remembered that rush of excitement when the whistle blew for the end of the game.

From the other side of cafeteria Thomas just glared at his food while his friends talked. Well actually Teresa, Alby, Winston and Scott, and Minho was off somewhere probably dissapointing Jesus. Instead of interacting with guys he focused his eyes on that certain blonde that Thomas just can't seem to stop thinking about. He watched as Newt smiled. Many, many times, and he probably smiled more on this lunch break then ever since Thomas knew him. Or at least since he noticed him.

And it was all because of that fucking letter. Fake letter. That Thomas wrote out of pity towards Newt. And this is why having Thomas come up with a plan is a bad idea. He never really thought through the actions and consequences. And this wasn't his first nor last time that he was in a situation like this because of his recklessness.

Just that in last situation it wasn't like this. It was more like punching a guy three times bigger then him and getting pinned up against a wall, then walking home with a black eye and a busted lip. But it's not like the dude got out unharmed, Thomas broke his nose and he got a bruise on a stomach.

His mind was so into making his way out of this fucked up situation that he didn't notice Scott stealing his fries. But, when he did he took a fist full of Scott's fries, licked them -all of them- then he put it back in his brothers plate. "Dude you're so gross!" he gagged as he handed Thomas his plate. Thomas smiled and eagerly started munching on his -Scott's- fries, but not before replying with "I know bro,".

Since he was full and still upset about situation between him and the blonde, he looked back at table where Newt usually sat. Then he heard and saw him laugh. Thomas knew he'd sell his soul just to hear the beautifull sound again. Not to mention Newt looked like an angel doing it.

Then Newt's eyes caught Thomas', both embarrassed that they got caught, Newt blushing from the neck up, and Thomas' cheek burned bright. Newt was first to look away hiding his face with his hair, and if you ask how - he put his head low, staring at his lap and fidgeted with his fingers so that his blonde hair fell down.

While still staring at Newt, little stalkerish may I add, he didn't even notice those little butterflies swarming in his stomach just by thinking about Newt...

______________________________________