Chapter 1

As the years went by Lily and James Potter started to neglect Percy more and more as they dotted on Harry. For the first three years of his life he only ever saw his brother, parents, godfather (Severus Snape – an old school friend of Lily's) and his honorary uncles (Sirius Black  –his dad's school friend and Harry's Godfather- and Remus Lupin.) But after his third or fourth birthday he stopped getting visitors. Severus had an argument with James and was banned from seeing Percy. Sirius and Remus slowly started leaving Percy out to spend more time with Harry. 

So Percy spent the five years of his life alone, forgotten by his family. But he wasn't completely alone. Percy was watched over by some of the minor Greek gods who were curious to see the first demi-wizard. Some of these gods saw that Percy will go many good deeds in his life time and had blessed the boy so that he would be stronger to defeat the monsters of the mythical world.

When Percy turned five years old, he was found by a former Olympian, Hestia. She had been watching over him like her own son. And one day she spoke to him. He was in the Potter Manor library, trying to learn some spells when the goddess talked to him through the fireplace.

"What are you doing child?" she asked.

"What are you doing in the fire?" he questioned back.

Hestia smiled at Percy and replied, "watching over you."

"Well, I'm trying to read but for some reason I can't."

Hestia frowned and stepped out of the fire and approached Percy, "why can't you read?"

"The words are all jumbled and flying around. How come Harry can read but I can't? Is that why nobody likes me?"

At this point Hestia realized that Percy was no ordinary wizard, he was also a demigod. She kneeled down next to Percy and held him, "it's okay Perseus, I like you. Here let me help you read." Hestia held her hand to his forehead. Percy closed his eyes as Hestia's hands glowed for a moment and he was enveloped in a familiar feeling he had not felt for a long time. The feeling of home and family. When Percy opened his eyes and looked at his book, he could read clearly. The young boy looked back at the goddess with eyes filled with excitement.

"How did you do that? I know some spells but none ever helped me read!" He exclaimed.

"Magic, but not the type of magic you can learn here. Would you like to come with me and learn?"

Percy nodded his head but stopped for a moment and looked down. "What if Mommy and Daddy notice I'm gone? I might get in trouble."

"It's okay, sweetie. I'll leave them a note right here," Hestia summoned a piece of paper and a pen and wrote a letter to James and Lily;

     Dear Mr. and Ms. Potter,

I, his real aunt, will be taking your son, Perseus Potter, with me so that he can learn about his heritage and abilities. I will bring him back when he wishes to return. Thank you for taking care of him.

     ~H. Olympia

Hestia left the note in the library on a table where it would be most noticeable and hopefully be found, "okay, let's go," she said.

"Wait, can I go get something first?" Percy asked.

"Of course," Percy ran out of the library and immediately  came back holding a stuffed panda bear. He ran up to Hestia and held her hand, "close your eyes and do not open them until I say so, okay?"

"Okay."

Percy closed his eyes and in a flash they both were no longer in the library.