Chapter Seven

Exiting the car, Liza stood there amazed by the sheer exquisiteness of the entrance. Arched doorway pillars surrounded the whole entrance in a soft yellow sandstone colour. Plain, simple, yet so beautiful. Tahir joined her side. Hand on her throat, she looked up in wonder. That was no words to express how she felt. She felt like it was saying welcome to my lands.

Tahir placed an arm around her waist, guiding her towards very large carved opened doors. She paused to run her fingers over the indicate carvings in the solid doors. It was actually scrolling of the Arabic language.

"What does it say?"

"Welcome to paradise."

"Oh, I like that." She looked across to the other door that had different writing and pointed at.

"Al-Gazi, which of course it our country."

"So your county is paradise?" She arched a brow.

"Why not, we have the best of both worlds. Desert and coastal."

"Then you should market as both. The city and the resort to give them the coastal and desert." She turned towards him, placing a hand on his arm. "Have you ever thought of opening the palace to the people?"

He eyed her closely. "You want to open my home to the common people," he asked softly.

Her hand fell away, stepping away. "Never took you for a snob," she mumbled under her breath, walking away. "I'm going to have a look around, by myself, to soak it all in."

"Fine, when you are done, join me in my office." She glanced back over her shoulder, hitching her handbag higher onto her shoulder. "Ask at reception," he answered her unasked question. With a nod, she was off.

Crossing his arms, Tahir watched her walk off with a spring in her steps, ponytail swinging. "Why did you not tell her the truth?" Abdul asked at his side.

"And spoil her impression of me. She wants to find fault, so why should I disillusion her?"

"I remember someone else who had suggested something about sharing the beauty of your home."

"Hmm."

"And the reactions of when it was first suggested by you, and what do you do, you went and did it anyway."

"Only the small part of the gardens and small section attached to the palace."

"That you turned into a tea house. Very popular amongst the people."

Tahir eyed him closely. "Yes, well, we will keep that to herself, will we not? We do not want to give Miss Lisa Mason the wrong impression, after all, I am this snobbish, pompous ass." Abdul's lips began to twitch. "Do not dare," he warned.

"Where do I put Miss Mason?" Abdul asked straight faced, yet his dark eyes gleamed with pleasure.

"In the villa. Grab the key from reception. It has already been arranged." Abdul headed towards the reception, while Tahir's headed straight to his office, away from the main resort that had three sections. The main resort held most of the restaurants, scattered throughout. Three levels with flat roofs, where one can enjoy the nights, with Persian rugs, ottomans and low divan along the walls on each roof. A true side of his home. Nights on the roof, under the stars, the breeze cooling after the heat of the night. There was nothing like it. He would have to show Liza what his true country was about. The beauty of the nights.

His office was away in the back, looking across the resort and had the privacy he needed. He entered his office that was fully air conditioned, and settled down behind his desk, where his Mac was already placed. His belonging would be taken to his special made villa. Liza, who knows where, which didn't matter because no harm would come to her, and it would be good for her to see the place by herself, even if she thought she was denying him. He had a feeling; she would fall in love with the place as he did. It might have been his father's dream; he had built it with Casey in mind. It would be interesting to see Liza's point of view.